Thursday, January 12, 2012

Great News for Doctor Who Fans

One of the Doctor's best companions, according to this fan, was Donna Noble. The chemistry between David Tennant and Catherine Tate was electric - though not in a romantic way. Their exchanges were sometimes reminiscent of Benedick and Beatrice from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. So it didn't come as much of a surprise when they were cast opposite each other in a West End production of Much Ado About Nothing as Benedick and Beatrice.

I was hoping that the production would be filmed so that those of us who didn’t get a chance to go to London to see it live could enjoy the pairing of the Doctor and Donna, I mean, David and Catherine again.

I am ecstatic that I won’t be disappointed.

The production will be available on DVD in Britain, and eventually it will be available in the United States.

Here is a sneak peak of the delight in store for us in the unknown future. It will have to be enough to keep us content, if not satisfied, until then.



Thanks to Megan for making me aware of this great sneak peek.

6 comments:

  1. Woot! You're welcome. I can't WAIT for this to come out on DVD here!

    ...Also, I'm resolved to start watching Dr. Who this week. It's time (it's really PAST time, but I have no time machine to correct that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to talk when you start watching, Just make sure to start with Christopher Eccleston's season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO exciting! I'm just thrilled to know this is actually going to be released in the US -- FINALLY. Thanks for the trailer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Ruth. It's going to be such a treat!

      Delete
    2. I Know! I found the soundtrack album on Amazon MP3 last night, going to download it today!

      Delete