Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Arrow: An Innocent Man

I am still enjoying Arrow. I'm glad that the plots have deviated from Oliver just picking a name from The List and going after him. It still ends up that someone on The List is involved (it seems like it's a very long list) so Oliver can cross out yet another name, but I'm glad that isn't the central theme. Also, it looks like The List is the reason the yacht was sabotaged.

Observations:

The opening of this episode was interesting. It summarized all of the important plot points of the first three episodes, leading up to the last scene from "Lone Gunmen." I guess they really don't want newcomers to miss what's gone on before. What was more interesting for me was that I didn't hear any dialog until two minutes into the episode. I only got the underscoring music. Finally the dialog came in during the conversation with Oliver and Dig right after Oliver reveals to Dig that he is the Arrow.

I'm glad it wasn't "as easy as..." for Oliver to convince Dig to join him in his crusade against the corrupt men (and possibly women) in the city. There had to be some suspense of "will he or won't he."

This time it was Thea that reminded us that Oliver cheated on Laurel with Laurel's sister. Will there ever be an episode when we don't hear about that? Also, someone is always giving Oliver advice. Laurel gave Oliver advice in a previous episode to show his mother the person he wants her to see. In this episode, Thea give Oliver advice to show Laurel who he really is. I'd like to see an episode where no one mentions Laurel's sister, and no one gives Oliver any advice. *wink*

Voice-over!!! Arrgghh!!!

I still like Felicity Smoak. And that girl has one serious ego, and a lot chutzpah to tell Walter that he would make a big mistake if he fired her.

Come on Laurel. Why can't you fight in the prison like you did in the club? We need some consistency with her.

It was pretty easy for Walter to get information about Moira's warehouse. And her password? Come on. Who wouldn't be able to figure that out?

If the security guy already went over the security tapes, wouldn't he be suspicious about a guy getting something out of a trash can at the same time as the shootings?

I can't believe that Oliver was found out so early in the first season. I wonder what's going to happen. It's either a great move or a stupid one.

And can I just say, I was excited to see Captain Jack, I mean John Barrowman, I mean "well-dressed man." *wink* And he's on the The List. Hmm. Better watch out Well-dressed Man.

Quotes:

Laurel (to Oliver): I made peace with your selfishness years ago.
Side note: I wonder if she made peace with it before or after she thought he was dead?

Oliver: Second time tonight that a friend of mine has taken me t the woodshed. Kind of tires you out.

Oliver: Hello Diggle's sister-in-law, Carly. I'm Oliver Queen.
Carly: I know who you are.
Diggle: No, you really don't.

Oliver (to Jared Swanstrom): Peter Declan. Your lies put him on death row. Now it's either time to tell me the truth, or it's time for the 10:15 to Blood Haven.

Felicity: The company Mrs. Queen, uh, Steele... Queen-Steele? She hyphenate? She seems like a woman who would hyphenate.

No comments:

Post a Comment