Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 2, ep. 5 Quippy Quotes

In "Reptile Boy," Buffy falls for a smooth-talking college boy and agrees to go to a frat party with Cordelia after Angel give Buffy the brush-off. The episode is not one of my top 20, but like all of the episodes, it has some great lines.

Quotes:

Xander (watching a Bollywood movie with Buffy and Willow): Is she dying?
Buffy: I think she's singing.
Xander: To a telephone. In Hindi. Now that's entertainment.

Xander: And we thought just because we didn't have any money or anyplace to go, this'd be a lackluster evening.

Buffy: How does the water buffalo fit in again?

Giles: Just because the paranormal is more "normal" and less... "para" of late, is no excuse for tardiness or letting your guard down.

Giles: Well, I'm not a demon, which is why you should let go.

Buffy: Taking on the undead doesn't exactly do wonders for your social life.

Buffy: Who needs a social life when you've got your very own Hellmouth?

Richard: Hi sweetheart. I'm Richard. And you are?
Buffy: Not interested.

Tom: Nice to meet you. Are you a senior here?
Buffy: Junior.
Tom: Me too. Except that I'm a senior. And I'm in college. So, we have that in common. And I major in History.
Buffy: Mm. History stumps me. I have a hard enough time remembering what happened last week.
Tom: No. Nothing happened last week. Don't worry - I was there.

Xander: Okay boots. Start a-walkin'.

Tom: Thanks for letting me ramble.
Buffy: You know, people underestimate the value of a good ramble.

Xander: I hate these guy. Whatever they want just falls into their laps. Don't you hate these guys?
Willow: Yea. With their charmed lives and movie-star looks and more money than you can count. I'm hating.

Angel: You're 16 years old and I'm 241.
Buffy: I've done the math.

Cordelia: Richard explained it to me, but I was so busy "really listening" that I didn't hear much.

Cordelia: Buffy, these men are rich, and I'm not being shallow. I'm thinking of all the poor people I could help with all my money.

Cordelia: It's like we're sisters, with really different hair.

Buffy: Well, say it.
Xander: I'm not gonna say it.
Willow: You lied to Giles.
Xander: Because she will.
Buffy: Look, I wasn't lying. I was just protecting him from information that he would't be able to digest properly.
Xander: Like a corn dog.

Willow: I can't believe she lied to Giles. My world is all askew.
Xander: Buffy's lying. Buffy's going to frat parties. That's not askew. That's cockeyed.
Willow: Askew is cockeyed.
Xander: Oh.

Cordelia: Are you ready for this?
Buffy: I don't know. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.
Cordelia: Me too. Let's go.

Cordelia: You know what's so cool about college? The diversity. You've got all the rich people and all of the other people.

Richard: Have you seen our multimedia room?
Cordelia: Oh, the one with the cherry-walnut paneling and the two 48-inch televisions on satellite feed? No. Wanna show me?

Tom: We're not all a bunch of drunken louts. Some of us are sober louts.

Giles: What are you doing?
Willow: Oh sorry. (to Angel) The reflection thing that you don't have. Angel, how do you shave?

Giles: She lied to me?
Angel: Did... she have a date?
Willow: Well, why do you think she went to that party? Because you gave her the brush-off. (to Giles) And you never let her do anything except work and patrol. And I know she's the Chosen One, but you're killing her with the pressure. I mean, she's 16 going on 40. (to Angel) And you! You're gonna live forever. You don't have time for a cup of coffee?

Xander (after Angel puts on his 'Vampire' face): Okay, that is the guy you want to party with.

Buffy: Tom, you talk too much.

Buffy: I told one lie. I had one drink.
Giles: Yes, and you were very nearly devoured by a giant demon snake. The words, "Let that be a lesson" are a tad redundant at this juncture.

Xander: Starve the snake, lose a fortune. I guess the rich really are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment