Saturday, November 24, 2012

Grimm: Season of the Hexenbiest

This was a great episode. It didn't have a plot from a classic fairy tale. It concentrated on regular characters and furthered the Nick/Juliette/Renard triangle plot. The episode starts where the last episode ended. Renard has brought Juliette into the spice shop, and while he and Juliette share an unexpected kiss, Monroe walks in on them. Then the episode ended with the words so many of us hate to see, "To be continued..." But then one more word appeared, "Sorry." That was unexpected and very funny.

And so much happened in between.

Observations:

This has been such an extremely emotional season for Nick so far. I think he deserves a break. I hate seeing him like that! I like Nick so much, and I just want him to be happy. It's been a while since I've cared so much about a character on a TV series.

At least Monroe told Nick that he thinks Juliette's "situation" has something to do with Adalind's spell. I hope that Nick remembers that. I just wanted Monroe to tell Juliette to get Renard and bring him back to the spice shop so he could make up the potion to reverse the spell.

I'm glad that Juliette went to see Monroe, that he was able to comfort her. But it's strange she would go to him. She doesn't know him that well. You'd think she's go to a girlfriend's house and talk to her. I know she told him it was because that's the last place she remembers being before the coma, but it's still strange.

I just have to say how annoying it was to me that Adalind kept pronouncing "aunt" differently. Sometimes she would pronounce it like we do in the West, "ant." Other times she would pronounce it like they do in New England, "ahnt." I wonder how the actress actually pronounces it. I think Claire Coffee is from California, and the show is set in Portland (Oregon not Maine), so she would most likely pronounce it "ant." Oh, well. It's just another one of those things that I noticed that most people probably didn't.

Renard is starting to lose control over everything.

Oh no! Juliette told Adalind about Aunt Marie's trailer.

Now, that was quite the look Juliette gave Nick when the police came in to arrest Adalind.

And what a saucy little wink Adalind gave Renard through the two-way mirror.

We know that Monroe enjoys working undercover for Nick, and he certainly does a good job of looking innocent - for a while.

And... we have the weekly opening of the weapons closet. Of course.

I loved when the Verrat said, "Allon-sy." It made me think of David Tennant as Doctor Who, and I wished that one of them had been called "Allonso." *wink*

Nick and Monroe got their fingerprints all over those dead bodies. Not smart. But, who knows if that will even come up in a future episode.

And... Nick now knows that Renard is the "other man." Oooo, what's going to happen? And if that isn't enough for a cliffhanger, Renard has found Aunt Marie's trailer.

Why would Monroe not suspect that Nick would know Renard. Renard is the captain of the Portland police department. And Nick is a Detective in the Portland police department Monroe's smarter than that.

In the old days of television, the second episode of a two-parter was usually the next week, you usually didn't have to wait until the end of the hiatus, or the beginning of a new season. How television changes.

Quotes:

Monroe: How are things with Juliette?
Nick: Well, they're kind of in a holding pattern. Except that no one's holding anyone.

Monroe: Hey, it's going to be okay.
Juliette: No, it's not.
Monroe: Well, there is that.

Adalind: I just wanted to apologize for the way I treated you. It wasn't right.
Hank: Did you bring some more cookies?

Adalind: Sean, it's so good to see you.
Renard: You said that as if you almost meant it.

Juliette: I'm really getting sick of being left in the dark, like all the time.
Monroe: The dark does have its bright side.

Adalind (to Renard): Be a good little Prince and shut the door.

Adalind (to Nick): You don't know what happened to my cat, do you?

Nick: Be careful.
Monroe: I think the time for being careful is over, Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment