Thursday, November 1, 2012

Arrow: Lone Gunmen

I'm glad this episode changed it up a bit and the villain wasn't someone on Oliver's Dad's list. This week someone killed a man on the list before Oliver could even tell him, "You failed this city," and that man became the villain of the episode. Oliver did some investigating, spoke Russian, saved his step-dad, and sewed up his own shoulder.

Observations:

Oliver's workouts are getting more intense. This time he lifts concrete blocks. What will it be next? Bench pressing a train? *wink*

I still hate the voice-overs. Why do the writers think we need to be told everything. I'm waiting for the episodes that are filmed after the premiere, when the writers have had a chance to read all of the reviews and posts that say how much people hate the voice-overs, and get rid of them.

How did Deadshot get all those tattoos on his body himself, especially the ones up by his neck? And he got them all right side up?

Every episode so far someone has mentioned that Oliver cheated on Laurel with her sister. I guess that's just in case you're joining the show for the first time, you need to know that important piece of information.

I hate the baseball cap that Oliver wore. That visor needed to be curved, it just looked geeky straight like that.

Oliver has a very convenient tattoo to get what he wants from the Russian mob. Did he have that tattoo before? I don't remember.

Isn't it convenient that whenever Oliver go out partying, Thea is also there, drunk or high, so he can show how disappointed he is in her. Speaking of Thea. I'm liking her less and less. I wish something new would happen with her so I can like her. I want to like her.

It looks like Laurel really doesn't need to be protected by anybody. She can hold her own in a fight.

Deadshot certainly misses a lot to be call "Deadshot."

I like Felicity Smoke from IT. I hope we get to see more of her.

Moira asks Thea if she wants to wear the Calvin Klein or the Zach Posen. Boy, they live in a world of wealth that I know nothing about!

I thought it was going to take Moira a little while to learn effective parenting/disciplinary skills, but it looks like all it took was to tell Thea a story about how Thea found a mean stray cat when she was four, and her father said it was a tiger and it needed to go home. Suddenly she's a good daughter again. I really didn't even understand that story or why it would be so effective for Thea.

So, on the island, the hooded man who finds Oliver tells him that the island is too dangerous for any one man to be alone. Then, back to the present, Oliver goes to Laurel's Dad to help him protect the people at the auction. And later reveals himself as the Arrow to a wounded Dig. Oliver knows that he can't do all of this on his own. Not that the castaway Oliver even knew what the man said to him at the time. He didn't yet know Chinese.

The preview for the next episode made me so excited. There was just a glimpse of the man in the car Moira has been speaking to, and we hear his voice. It's John Barrowman! Oh, how I've missed you, Captain Jack!

Quotes:

Moira (to Thea): Last time it was public intoxication, this time, breaking and entering. My, how we're moving up in the criminal world.

Oliver: Mom, when I was her age you and dad let me get away with murder. Looking back I could have used less space and more parenting.
Side note: He's getting away with murder now, literally. Does he need a little more parenting?

Tommy: If you're thinking of calling [the club] "Queens," I don't think you're gonna get the clientele you're hoping for.

Tommy: Who stays mad at a castaway?

Dig: I have a very high regard of how receptive you are, sir.

Thea: Grounded? I've never been grounded.
Moira: Well, you've never committed grand larceny before.

Detective Lance: If you need us, we're just a 911 call away.

Tommy: You want to get him, you gotta go through me. Wow, they are probably gonna go through me.

Tommy: Oh, the girl's pretty cute.
Dig: That's my sister-in-law.
Tommy: Who I will never speak to... or look at... ever.

Moira: There's a lot that has changed lately and I think this can change too.

Felicity: I don't want to get in the middle of some Shakespearean family drama thing.
Oliver: What?
Felicity: Mr. Steele marrying your Mom. Claudius. Gertrude. Hamlet.
Oliver: I didn't study Shakespeare at any of the four schools I dropped out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment