Thursday, November 8, 2012

Grimm: The Hour of Death

How awesome is this show? There just hasn't been a bad episode this season. I'm loving the series more and more.

There's a new Grimm in town, and he doesn't think Nick's doing a proper job in his new-found role as a Grimm. It's not very surprising, since Nick hasn't had anyone to tell him how to be a proper Grimm. Good thing too, because Nick is a Grimm with a moral compass.

Observations:

Do Nick and Juliette not have a guest bedroom in their house? Surely there's another bed somewhere in that house so Nick could sleep somewhere other than the couch.

We have our token scene of the opening of the weapon closet.

I'm so glad that Juliette is trying to get some answers about her strange coma after speaking with the psychic last week. And just as Juliette is searching for answers, Renard is getting bold and stepping up his pursuit of her.

Nick goes to Monroe to get a "confess your sins" serum. That shop must have a potion for everything.

It's funny to watch Nick trying to look inconspicuous as he walks up to the Wesen suspect's house, carrying a crossbow.

When a cop goes into a suspect's dark house, carrying a flashlight, do they really think the suspect isn't going to hear them or see the light from that little flashlight?

I love to hear Bud's ramblings. He has such great lines and the actor is so good in the role. I also love it that he knows Nick well enough to know that he isn't the Grimm carrying out these gruesome murders.

I love it when characters make references to musical theatre, and it's so great and apropos that it would be Monroe who makes the reference.

Renard thinks that it may have been "the family" who sent the Grimm. Whose side is the royal family on, other than their own? What is their agenda? How does Nick fit into that agenda? If the family is on the side of the Grimms, then why did Renard want to kill Aunt Marie?

I wonder why the police didn't question the man in the van before. Wouldn't they have questioned everyone who left the parking garage the night Donna was abducted?

I liked the scene with Renard and Juliette in the coffee shop, but I felt guilty for liking it, because I don't want Nick to be hurt more than he already has been. I like Renard a lot, but I'm rooting for Nick. I just want something good to happen for him. I don't want to feel bad for him anymore.

I so wanted to like Ryan, but instead I just feel sorry for him.

I loved it when Bud hugged Hank and Nick. He is just so adorable.

The plot between Juliette and Renard not only thickens, it's congealing. Juliette knows that Renard kissed her in the hospital. And she can't handle the truth.

Quotes:

Hank: Just because he's a Wesen, doesn't mean he's guilty, right?

Nick: Will it work?
Monroe: Well, it is a confess your sins serum, so it's worth a shot, I guess. But some of these recipes are six, seven hundred years old. Looks like this one was developed by a priest. Of course, right? Add a little of this to the local water supply and have your confessional full every day of the week. Think of the donations.

Wu: No wonder he confessed. I'd be confessing all sorts of things.

Wu: Just make sure you wanna get into this line of work before you get into this line of work.

Bud: Do we really have to have her come and stay for three weeks? That's like 14 years to anybody else.

Bud's wife: Bud, what's going on in there?
Bud: Nothing, honey. Everything's fine. (to himself) Unless it's the end of the world.

Monroe: Oh boy. Don't we have trouble, right here in River City.

Nick: What is this, some kind of Wesen fairy tale book?
Monroe: Hey, you got yours, we got ours.

Nick: So, you're telling me there's another Grimm in Portland?
Monroe: If you're not doing it, then yeah.

Nick: Bud, take it easy.
Bud: That's easy for you to say. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Bud: Beacuse Nick, we trust you, and nobody wants to stop trusting you after all the trust they placed in you. And trust me, everyone is waiting to hear from me.

Bud: If you think I'm going to stop screaming while you're doing that, you're crazy. Not that I mean to criticize. Help!

Wu: Next time we hire an intern, I'm going to suggest they do a better psyche evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment