Thursday, November 22, 2012

Arrow: Legacies

First of all I have to say, isn't that a nice picture of Oliver as the Hood? Mmmm.

I'm so glad that this episode again deviated from going after someone on the list. I like that Diggle tells Oliver that he should use his alter-ego and skills to help the city in other ways.

Observations:

I like it when Oliver and Thea act like real siblings, not like each others' conscience or therapist.

I like that Diggle doesn't wait for Oliver to tell him what to do. He sees an opportunity to help and he takes it. He is definitely not a sidekick.

Oliver figured out who the robbers were pretty quickly.

Oliver has all sorts of arrows that do cool things. I like seeing what his arrows will do next.

It sounds like the robbers have hit banks in other cities. So, if they know there's a vigilante on their tail who can either catch them or keep them from getting the money they stole, why stay in Starling City.

Windows 8 - that product placement isn't very subtle.

Oliver, why don't you forget Laurel and go for the smart blond with the glasses. *wink*

I like the references and jabs to modern culture. US Weekly, Windows 8, Facebook, MySpace, the economy.

That fundraiser was put together pretty quickly. Those things usually take months to organize. Wow, Tommy's the wizard.

Oliver gets put down by everyone all the time (except by Tommy). His mother, Laurel, Thea, Diggle (not as much as everyone else, but still), Detective Lance. Even his father tears him down in Oliver's hallucination. That would affect anyone's confidence. I wonder how Oliver gets through it.

I like Tommy. I'm not liking Laurel so much anymore. She's just so wishy-washy. "I like Oliver, I like Tommy. I hate Oliver. I hate Tommy." She's the poster-child of a woman who can't make up her mind.

We finally find out how the empty notebook Oliver found on his father becomes the notebook filled with "the list."

I'm glad that Moira apologized to Oliver about what she said to him. But she still puts him down a bit in the apology.

It's interesting how they make it look like rich people never eat hamburgers (or eat with their hands, for that matter). Well, maybe they don't. How would I know? *wink*

Nobody mentioned Sarah in this episode. Finally!

Quotes:

Diggle: You know, one of these days you're going to be straight with me about what really happened on that island.
Oliver: Absolutely. But not today.

Diggle: Sounds like you have a narrow definition of a hero.
Oliver: I'm not a hero.

Joanne: It's the economy, stupid.
Laurel: It's the stupid economy.

Moira (re: old friends): They're coming for brunch and I expect you to be there.
Oliver: I have plans.
Moira: That's fine. Brunch is tomorrow.
Thea (laughs): Inches from a clean getaway.
Moira: You too, Thea.
Oliver: Snap.
Thea: Nobody says that anymore.

Tommy: Hey, I just got a new sports car and I was thinking we could open her up. Get a few speeding tickets.

Diggle: You asked me to work with you, not for you.

Diggle: Please tell me you're not going where I think you're going.
Oliver: Diggle, why do you even ask.
(Side note: Okay, actually Dig didn't ask a question. It sounded like a statement to me. I know, picky, picky.  But that's me. *wink*)

Carter: One minute I'm publishing his book on how long-term potentiation initiates the creation of a slow-moving photosynthesis, and then the next there's an agent trying to make me the next Dr. Oz.
Oliver: Why would he want you to be a wizard?
Thea: For all our sakes, start reading US Weekly.

Felicity: I should add "personal researcher to Oliver Queen" to my job title. Happily, I mean.

Felicity (to Oliver): I guess you didn't have Facebook on that island.
Diggle: Nope, not even a MySpace account. It was a very dark time.

Oliver (to Derek Restin): You and I have one thing in common. We're both dealing with the consequences of my father's actions. What he did then, that's on him. What we do now, that's on us.

Diggle: You're going to do another abrupt exit?
Oliver: We're getting better at it with practice.

Moira: I'll bet Carter Bowen doesn't know where to find the best burger join in Starling City.
Olvier: So, I have one thing on him?
Moira: No, you have everything on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment