Friday, November 16, 2012

Grimm: To Protect and Serve Man

I liked how this episode showed that because of his new found knowledge of the Wesen world, Hank is able to bring new evidence to light on a case he worked on seven years ago. Hank helped put Craig Ferrin on death row seven years ago, and he's about to be executed. Hank wants to find out if Ferrin was telling the truth that the men he shot were really "monsters."

Observations:

I liked Hank's facial hair from seven years ago better than his facial hair today. I think you need to go retro, Hank.

Why does Hank wear his badge around his neck, but Nick doesn't?

Renard is falling apart and Juliette is getting more and more confused. I'm so glad that this plot is moving forward, because I want it to be resolved. I'm getting a bit weary of it. Tell us who Juliette is going to end up with already.

It's lucky that Craig knew how to draw and drew pictures of the monsters.

The Grimms documented the worst traits of the Wesen species. Not all are still practicing the "traditions" of their fathers. Case in point: Monroe. So, Nick needs to be careful that he doesn't think each individual is exactly the same as in the books.

How did Nick's ancestors know the names of all these Wesen? Did they stop to ask them the name of their species before they tried to kill them?

It's interesting to see how many Wesen there are in the prison.

I wonder what the officer who is in the room with Hank and Nick in the prison when they talk to Ferrin is thinking when the three start talking about Wendigos.

It's a good sign that Juliette doesn't want to see Renard anymore even though she is attracted to him. It means she does want things to work with Nick.

Ew, he's cooking a foot! And he has classical music playing in the background. He's a cultured cannibal. *wink*

I love Monroe's answer to Renard, "I'll do my very best to get you deobsessified." He makes up words just like I do.

Why do people think that just by wearing sunglasses you will be unrecognizable?

Wouldn't they have had to dig a foundation for the store that was built where the brothers' old house was? Wouldn't they have found the bodies then?

This was a very suspenseful episode toward the end. Hank searching for the Wendigo, and Ferrin on his way to be executed. Well done.

And... Monroe now knows about Juliette and Renard. So, we know Juliette has to tell Nick what's going on. And the plot thickens, so they say.

Quotes:

Juliette: Don't get me wrong, I like Nick a lot.
Elisha: But... you don't love him.
Juliette: I don't know if I love him. It just feels like I just met him.
Elisha: Well, what's wrong with that! I wish I could remeet my husband again.

Hank: This could just be a wild goose chase. Nick: Not a goose, wild or otherwise. A Wendigo.

Hank (to Ferrin): This is my partner, Nick Burkhardt. He specializes in... unusual cases.

Renard (on the phone with Juliette): Look, I don't know how this is for you, but for me it's just getting a lot worse. So I've been thinking about possible solutions.
Juliette: No, the solution is simple. We never see each other ever again.
Renard: Yea, I'm not so sure that's going to work.
Juliette: Yea, me neither.

Hank: I'm sorry I dragged you into this.
Nick: You didn't, my family did.
Hank: Well, as long as you got someone else to blame, let's do this.

Hank: So, what aren't we doing?
Nick: Sleeping.

Juliette: How does one specific part of your memory just vanish?

Renard: How long is this going to take?
Monroe: Well, um, I have to asses the situation and I'm guessing half an hour for that. And then, based on what I find out, and also based on my consultation with my, you know, professional colleagues, I'll hopefully formulate some kind of a treatment.

Monroe: These compulsive, romantic entanglements can be highly combustible, bordering on, like, the nuclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment