Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Disney Gets a New Princess

Her name is Leia Organa.

There was big news in the entertainment world when Disney announced that they were buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion. Four billion dollars, oh my! That means there may be more Indiana Jones films, and there will be at least three more Star Wars films. I will say that again, in case you missed it. Three. More. Star Wars. Films. I love the original trilogy, but I abhorred Episodes I, II and III. If they could renew the Star Wars franchise like they did with James Bond, I would be soooo happy!

It was announced that Star Wars: Episode VII, will come out in 2015. It will probably continue the stories of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia. It will be strange to see different actors play those characters, unless the movie starts with the characters forty years later. *wink* If they are played by younger actors, I hope we get to meet Han's father and he's played by Harrison Ford.

What else does it mean? We might see Indiana Jones, Han Solo, Princess Leia, or Darth Vadar on Once Upon a Time. Can you imagine Rumpelstiltskin going up against Darth Vadar? Now that would be good television. I am kidding. Please don't do it Once Upon a Time!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, no, no, I never want to see any of those characters on Once Upon a Time. Introducing Dr. Frankenstein was pushing it.

    I AM excited about new movies, though. Maybe George won't insist on writing them and they'll turn out ok. Love the idea of Harrison Ford as Han Solo's dad. I hope they get unknowns for the main characters, though. If they can't have the originals, I want someone I don't already have preconceived ideas about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, one of my coworkers said he thought Natalie Portman should play Princess Leia. After all, she did play her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George Lucus' original concept was to have the last three movies (7, 8, & 9) set about 30 years after movies 4, 5, & 6, so it would be Leia and Han's children. Maybe they'll go with that. Three movies is a triology. What's 6 movies? Or nine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I'd say that more than 3 movies is a saga. I don't know what the actual term is... Neuftet? Or did A Mighty Wind make up that term for a group of 9?

    Karrie, I want to be excited about that idea, but Natalie Portman just didn't do it for me in those movies. I stick by my desire to have unknowns...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say a group of nine is a franchise. ;-)

    Nancy, having it based around the kids would definitely make it more fresh and new.

    Megan, I've liked Natalie in other movies. Not so much in Episodes I, II or III (I really didn't like anyone in those movies because it was so hard to like the movies). But it would be good to give other actors a chance to have a break-out role.

    ReplyDelete