Saturday, October 13, 2012

Once Upon a Time: We are Both


This was a good episode; however, I felt it didn't move the story forward enough.

Observations:

It's interesting how Grumpy becomes a leader suddenly, deciding that it's the responsibility of the dwarfs to find out if the fairy tale characters can now leave Storybrooke. It's also interesting that they even know there might be a problem leaving the town to begin with. As soon as they were "transported" to the town they lost their memories of who they were, and while they were in Storybrooke they never really knew they couldn't leave Storybrooke, so why do they know now that there was a problem with leaving?

August (Pinocchio) can open his eyes. Yes!

Magic is back, so is Red going to turn into the wolf? That's just what the town needs above all else, right? A wolf on the loose. *wink*

Regina is having a Merida (from Brave) moment running away from her mother on her horse. But I definitely like Merida's mother better than Cora. Too bad they couldn't have turned Cora into the Mama bear from Goldilocks.

Dr. Whale's one line is so funny, "Are the nuns still nuns or can they, you know, date?" What fairy tale character is he????? What fairy tale character is a sleazy womanizer? Hmm.

Why would young Snow open Regina's jewelry box and put on her necklace without asking? I thought Snow was a thoughtful young girl, it seems like a strange thing for her to do.

If Fairy Tale Land (or I guess they call it the Enchanted Forest) still exisits, is it because Rumpel wants to stay in the modern world to find his son that everyone stayed in Storybrooke?

Jefferson and August in the same episode! Yay! Now, I want more of them. I hope that we see Jefferson when he finds his daughter. I'd love to see that reunion.

Why does Rumpel want Regina to have magic (in Fairy Tale Land)? Wouldn't he want to be the most powerful person in the kingdom (or kingdoms - there seem to be so many kingdoms)? He tells her that he and Regina are back where they belong - together. What does he mean by that?

Where did Granny get a crossbow? Hmm.

Red is another one who starts to take charge. Now that Snow is gone, she has to be the one to keep Charming on task and remind him of his "duty."

Why does Henry go with Regina and then immediately try to leave. How does he think that will make Regina leave everyone alone?

Regina gets rid of her mother, and then she ends up doing exactly what her mother told her to do. She raises a tribute, she forms a personal guard, and she lets the people know where the power lies.

People packed up their stuff pretty quickly to get out of Storybrooke.

Charming's speech to the townspeople who want to leave is his own little St. Crispin's Day speech (from Henry V - look it up, it's a great speech). There's nothing like a rousing speech to make people... well, go home. *wink* It's interesting how Charming's speech pattern is different from David's. He says "whom I lost," instead of "who I lost." He says, "as we shall again." Who says, "shall?" No one who lives in modern day Maine, I'm thinking.

It's interesting that after Regina performs her first bit of magic in the flashback that she doesn't want to do anymore magic because she loved it. She knew then that using magic would make her like her mother, and that's the one thing she never wanted. Of course, that's what happened.

Where did Charming get the sword? Hmm.

Where are the dwarfs going to find fairy dust in Maine? Hmm.

Do we believe that Regina is sincere about redeeming herself? Will she become good, and the only villain we'll have is Rumpel?

It's sad that Gepetto doesn't find Pinnochio. But if he's gone, does that mean he's not a puppet anymore? I hope so.

If Rumpel never lost his memory when everyone else was cursed, why would he lose his memory by leaving Storybrooke? He wasn't affected by it then, he shouldn't be affected by it now.

I don't like Mulan very much. So far she doesn't have any redeeming qualities.

Wouldn't Aurora, or anyone, recognize Snow White? Or are they in a totally different kingdom?

Quotes:

Grumpy: We must investigate the line.

Charming (to Regina): The only thing keeping you alive is that Henry wishes it.

Regina: I will not take parenting advice from a man who put his daughter in a box and shipped her to Maine. 

Cora: Power is freedom.

Dr. Whale: Are the nuns still nuns or can they, you know, date?
Charming: I don't know.
Dr. Whale: Don't say it's me asking.

Grumpy: If we leave, our cursed selves become our only selves.

Jiminy: I thought you may want to talk.
Regina: Oh, right - the conscience thing.
Jiminy: It's what I do.

Regina: Your "pleases" have lost their punch.

Regina: I don't care if they turn me green. I'm getting my son back.

Regina: What are you?
Rumpel: What, what, what? My, what a rude question. I am not a "what."

Regina: Of all the places I've seen, this is the fairest of them all.

Rumpel: It appears when I bought that "Closed" sign I was throwing my money away.

Henry (to Regina): I don't want to be you.

Regina: And I won't become like [Cora].
Rumpel: That, dearie, is entirely up to you.

Charming: Live in the woods if you want. Live in a shoe if you want. Or eat frozen burritos and write software.
Sidenote: The part about the frozen burritos and writing software is so random, and so hilarious to me because I work with software developers, and one eats frozen burritos for lunch quite often. I guess there are more out there.

Rumpel: It can't be a gift if it's mine to begin with.

Regina: I don't know how to love very well.

Regina (to Charming): I can see I just launched you on a heroic quest. Just take care of my son.
Charming: That I can do.

Grumpy: Come on, boys. It's off to work we go.

Henry: How do we know they survived the trip there?
Charming: Because I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment