Monday, October 1, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1 ep. 11 Quippy Quotes


Being right above the Hellmouth, crazy things happen at Sunnydale High School. The premise of "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" is that if you're ignored enough, you can become invisible. All Marcie Ross wants is to be popular like Cordelia, but everyone ignores her, even the teachers. Unfortunately, you can do a lot of damage when you're angry and no one can see you.

Quotes:

Cordelia: People who think their problems are so huge craze me. Like this time I sort of ran over this girl on my bike. It was the most traumatizing event of my life and she was trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing.
Teacher: Well, Cordelia's raised an interesting point here, [bell rings] which we'll pursue at a later time.

Xander: What kind of moron would want to be May Queen anyway?
Buffy: I was.
Xander: You what?
Buffy: At my old school.
Xander: Oh, so the good kind of moron would do that. The, uh, non-moron, I mean.

Principal Snyder: There are no dead students here - this week.

Buffy: Monsters don't usually send messages. It's pretty much crush, kill, destroy. This was different.
Giles: I have to say you're right.
Buffy: I love it when he says that.

Giles: I've never actually heard of anyone being attacked by a lone baseball bat before.
Xander: Maybe it's a vampire bat. [pause] I'm alone with that one, huh?

Giles: Xander, if you're not doing anything, would you like to help me?
Xander: What? So there's homework now? When did that happen?
Buffy: It's all part of the glamorous world of vampire slayage.

Harmony: How is [Mitch]?
Cordelia: Well, the doctor says he'll be fine. They're gonna send him home tomorrow, but you should have seen him lying there, all black and blue. How's he gonna look in our prom pictures? How am I ever going to be able to show them to anyone!
Harmony: Well, they can do wonderful things with airbrushing these days.
Cordelia: You think?

Xander: Oh, hey, do you want to come over to our place tonight for dinner? Mom's making her famous phone call to the Chinese place.
Willow: Xander, do you guys even have a stove?

Giles: How exactly do you propose to hunt someone you can't see? You may have to work on listening to people.
Buffy: Very funny.
Giles: I thought so.

Giles: A vampire in love with a slayer - its rather poetic, in a maudlin sort of way.

Principal Snyder: And the winner is Cordelua Chase. Let's bring up our May Queen.
Cordelia: Thank you for making the right choice and for showing me how much you all love me. Being this popular is not just my right, but my responsibility, and I want you to know I take it very seriously.

Giles: Once again I teeter at the precipice of the generation gap.

Buffy: So, no one noticed her and now she's invisible.
Xander: What? She turned invisible because no one noticed her?
Giles: Of course. I've been investigating the mystical causes of invisibility when I should have looked at the quantum mechanical. [everyone looks at him quizzically] Physics.
Buffy: I think I speak for everyone here when I say, "huh?"

Cordelia: Somebody is after me. They just tried to kill Mrs. Miller. She was helping me with my homework. And Mitch and Harmony. This is all about me. Me, me, me!
Xander: Wow, for once she's right.

Willow: Why is Marcie doing this?
Giles: The loneliness, the constant exile. She has gone mad.
Xander: Ya think?

Cordelia: I didn't get a chance to say anything yesterday with the coronation and everything, but I guess I just want to say thank you. All of you.
Xander: That's funny, cause she looks like Cordelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment