Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Elementary: While You Were Sleeping

Okay, this second episode has convinced me to give the series a chance. The crime was interesting and the glimpses into the personal lives of Holmes and Watson were great.

Observations:

First, I have to say again that I love Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes. I love his characterization and his little quirks. He really is great in the role.

I loved the opening scene with Watson attending a AA meeting with Holmes.

It hit me funny when Gregson calls Holmes "Sherlock" because that name has become synonymous for a person who duduces something incorrectly and someone else calls them "Sherlock" sarcastically. It's funny when the person deducing really is Sherlock Holmes. Random thought, I know.

I loved Sherlock's expression when he finds out he's wrong.

I was excited to see the violin, but not exactly happy about what he did with it. I play the cello, and doing something like that to an instrument is just - well, not right.

It was very smart not to show Sherlock playing the violin because it's not an easy instrument to fake playing well, especially a piece of music a difficult as the one he was supposed to be playing.

Quotes:

Bell: You're the new consultant. I heard good things.
Sherlock: Of course you did.

Watson: Is it sad being wrong as often as you're right?

Sherlock: Closed eyes do not necessarily a coma make.

Sherlock: That's okay, but I can't stab her in the thigh.

Sherlock: I'd say you're getting the hang of deductive reasoning Watson.

Sherlock: Stop mucking with my things.

Sherlock (to Ty): Such a pleasure. Joan's told me so little about you.

Ty (re: Sherlock): He's your boyfriend.
Joan: No! Wow, not even close.

Joan: Was this about the violin yesterday? Because I think you made your point when you set it on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment