Sunday, October 7, 2012

Once Upon a Time: Broken

The season two opener of Once Upon a Time did not disappoint. I wondered where the series would go after the curse was broken, and worried it wouldn't be as compelling as season one, but I'm not worried anymore. The only thing that worries me is that the series will get bogged down with too many characters.

Observations:

The first question, of course, is who is the guy in New York? Baelfire? Henry's father? Is he both? Someone totally different? Hmmmm. If he is Bael, how would he know about the curse when he was sucked into our world before the curse? Also, who sent the pigeon with the postcard?

Who is Aurora's mother?

The reunions were nice, but too short and too few. I especially like the reunion with Snow and the dwarfs. Ahhh.

I loved the child-like look on Emma's face when Snow takes Emma's face in her hands. It was so sweet.

Why would the characters want to go back to fairy tale land where there are no modern conveniences? Would you want to go back to a world with no flush toilets or cars or Facebook (okay, I could definitely live without Facebook *wink*). I'm just sayin'.

I was a little annoyed at Emma's reaction to Snow and Charming. Her argument that they would have been together if they hadn't sent her away as a baby was so wrong. She probably would have been separated from her parents just like many of the others.

All of the women who haven't aged in 28 years may get a little upset when that first wrinkle or grey hair suddenly appears. Just sayin'.

The relationship between Rumpel and Belle still really bothers me. I think he's too old for her.

If Rumpel has magic, why doesn't he fix his bum leg?

The other big question of the night: Who is Dr. Whale? And how long before we find out? Charming doesn't even know who he is.

Why doesn't Rumple act like he did when he was in fairy tale land, with his high, annoying voice?

Why Philip? You start to like a character, and suddenly they're gone. Stop introducing a character I like and then take them away!

I like that the writers aren't afraid to make the men cry. And it doesn't make them less manly - it makes them human.

I still want to know why Regina would make a curse that included her. And why would she curse everyone when her gripe was with Snow?

Poor Charming loses Snow and Emma again. But never fear, we know he will always find them. *wink*

Will Red turn into a wolf now?

When Belle says she will stay with him because he is bad I thought, "what are you thinking, you can't change him!" Oh well. But at least Rumpel is honest with Belle.

How did they know that it was 28 years when time was frozen?

It will be interesting to see who else found a safe haven in what is left of fairy tale land. But it's too bad we won't see their lives in both fairy tale land and Storybrooke like before. Now it's either/or.

I want to see August and Jefferson. Soon.

Quotes:

Red: What do we do now?
Snow: Now? Now I find my daughter.

Henry: Grandpa?
Charming: Yea, kid. I suppose so.

Grumpy: Why are we still here?
Charming: That, my friend, is an excellent question.

Rumpel : Magic is different here, dearie.

Aurora: You're a girl.
Mulan: Woman. My name is Mulan.

Charming: One night stand?
Snow: Whale.
Charming: Whale?!
Snow: We were cursed. That is neither here nor there.

Emma: For my entire life I've been alone.
Snow: But if we hadn't sent you away you would have been cursed too.
Emma: But we would have been together. Which curse is worse?

Emma (to Regina): Maybe I don't need answers. Maybe I just need to punch you in the face.

Belle: I thought you'd changed.
Rumpel: What, in the hour you've known me?

Charming: Torches for when it comes back. I know it's old-fashioned, but so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment