Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grimm: The Other Side

This was another great episode. I loved seeing Nick, Hank, Wu, and Renard in a different environment, and it was nice to see them dressed up. And I just have to say, how great is Wu? 

I think the show does well balancing their episodes with both adult and young Wesen. I like to see how the younger Wesen are affected by their "wesenness," and how they deal with it.

Observations:

We find out how strong the potion was that Catherine gave Renard so he could wake Juliette from her magic-induced coma. He's got it bad, and he doesn't like it. I wonder if he doesn't like it because Juliette is Nick's girlfriend or because he doesn't like being out of control like that.

Why wouldn't Juliette have her own key? And why would a cop have a key under a pot on the front porch? And why would Juliette take the time to put the key back when she knows that Nick probably has his own key? I know it's so that Renard was able get into the house easily, but I wonder if the writers could have made a different choice that was more imaginative and more believable.

Why wouldn't Nick and Hank go to Brandon's parents' house after they find Brandon's body. It seems strange that they would go to one of Brandon's friend's house, and that all of those kids would be there. And then what was it with all of the other kids in the dining room getting food like they were at a party. I just don't get that scene.

I like the new intern. I hope we see more of him.

Adalind is going pretty high in the ranks to take revenge on Renard and Nick. Going all the way to the Royal family, in Vienna.

Monroe is really coming into his own as an "apothecary" in Rosalee's shop. He's becoming quite knowledgeable.

I love that Renard and Monroe meet. Will that somehow lead to Nick's discovery of who Renard is down the line?

Pierce's Mom is trying to make her kid everything. He even takes piano lessons.

Why would Jenny want to meet Pierce at the bleachers? Why go to the school on your day off of school? There has to be other places in Portland that kids would go to meet.

A Grimm was on the Galapagos islands with Darwin. Wow, they were everywhere.

It's strange that a Lowen could be killed so easily. You'd think that he'd put up a fight, and that his killer would be pretty beat up too.

Oregon wasn't part of the Louisiana Purchase. If Eric knows about the Louisiana Purchase to even mention it, you'd think he'd know what states were part of the purchase. Or maybe that's what he meant by the "farthest reaches," that it was outside the boundaries of the purchase. I don't know.

I'm assuming that the Royals can't tell if someone is Wesen. How do they rule them if they don't even know who they're ruling?

Why would Pierce's mother choose a Lowen in her genetic manipulation of Pierce? It doesn't seem like the smartest Wesen to choose.

I'm still curious to know what kind of Wesen a child would be if Mom is one "species" and Dad is another "species." Do they become a totally new species? Or would they be like Pierce and have a dual personality?

I'm surprised that Nick doesn't try to do something to keep Pierce away from the other prison inmates when he knows what Nick is capable of.

Renard's symptoms are going to get worse. I'm excited to see where this all leads.

I think it's interesting that there is a parallel between Renard and Pierce. They were both messed with and now they have no control over a part of their life.

Quotes:

Sergeant Wu: Let me buy you a well deserved drink.
Renard: But they're free.
Wu: Yea, that's why I'm buying.
Hank: He bought us one too.

Nick: I liked the speech, Captain.
Renard: Thanks. To be honest, I don't really like these things. It always feels like I'm getting the credit for other people's work.
Wu: Well, you are. (everyone looks at him) Well, he is.
Renard: I'm sorry, what precinct do you work at again, Sergeant?
Wu: I think I should buy you another drink, sir.

Hank: Do they know you can tell who you are?
Nick: I don't think so, but I don't know what I don't know.

Adalind: The circumstances of our discord were quite "Grimm."
Eric: That sounds almost as tragic as Wagner.
Adalind: You have no idea.

Adalind: I was young, and he was charming. That's a volatile combination.

Eric: Would you like to know how my half-brother ended up in the farther reaches of the Louisiana Purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment