Saturday, October 6, 2012

Doctor Who: The Power of Three

"The Power of Three" finds the Doctor at home with the Ponds. I liked seeing the Doctor getting a glimpse of Amy and Rory's life at home.

Observations:

I found it interesting that Amy didn't consider traveling with the Doctor as "real life." She says, "Life with the Doctor was like this... Real life was like this..."

I loved how Brian (Rory's Dad) was making all sorts of speculations about what the cubes might be.

I just love Brian! That is all. I'm sad that we won't see him anymore when the Ponds leave the series.

I am not familiar with much of the old Doctor Who series, so I didn't know who Kate Stewart was. I researched it and found out that she is the daughter of General Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, who was known as the Brigadier or "Brig." Apparently he was a great friend of the Doctor's. According to the Tardis Index File website, "from his second incarnation onwards, notwithstanding some early tension between the two at the start of his third incarnation, the Doctor long considered the Brigadier one of his most trusted human allies and closest friends, having encountered him in all of his incarnations, with the exception of his ninth and eleventh." This is man whose death the Doctor receives notice of in "The Wedding of River Song." They added the scene in the episode after they found out about the death of Nicholas Courtney who played the Brigadier.

How did Kate Stewart know about the Doctor? I thought that he was erased from everyone's minds. Did I miss something there?

I love that Amy, Rory, and the Doctor eat fish sticks and custard and watch The Apprentice.
Sidenote: I just returned from Disneyland and while I was in line waiting for Star Tours I saw a woman with a T-shirt that said "Fish Sticks and Custard." Brilliant!

It's hilarious watching the Doctor play tennis on the Wii.

I loved the trip the Doctor gives Amy and Rory for their anniversary. Amy and Rory look great in their 1890's finery.
I loved the scene with Amy and the Doctor with the Tower of London behind them. Great shot.

Quotes:

Doctor: Invasion of the very small cubes. That's new.

Doctor: I don't know, and I don't like not knowing.

Kate: Like iPads have fallen out of the sky.

Doctor: Four days and I'm still in your lounge.

Doctor: I hate being patient. Patience is for wimps.

Rory: What you do isn't all there is.
Doctor: I never said it was.

Rory: Did real life just get started?

Amy: I like it.
Rory: So do I.

Brian: My middle name is "diligence."

Brian: Don't mock my log.

Rory: You just married Henry VIII on our anniversary.

Doctor (to a cube): Is that all you can do - hover? I had a metal dog that could do that.

Amy (at the Tower of London): I hope we're not here because we know too much.

Doctor: Who has an underground base? Terrible ventilation.

Amy: The traveling is starting to feel like running away.
Doctor: I'm not running away from thing. I'm running to them before they flare and fade away.

Doctor: I'm running to you and Rory before you fade from me.

Doctor: How do you people manage one heart? It is pitiful.

Doctor: Welcome back lefty. Two hearts! Back in the game!

Doctor: Through the looking glass, Amelia.

Amy: Where are we?
Doctor: We're in orbit. One dimension to the left.

Amy: That's some seriously weird bedtime story.
Doctor: You can talk - wolf in your grandmother's night dress.

Kate: You really are as remarkable as Dad said.

Brian: It's you they can't give up, Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment