Saturday, October 20, 2012

Once Upon a Time: Lady of the Lake

So we're moving from fairy tales to what is arguably the most famous legend. However, we didn't meet the most well known character from the legend (that would be Arthur, of course). How long before they actually have a character who is not fictional? Hmm.

Now we have three places/times to keep track of: Fairy Tale Land (past), Storybrooke (present), Fairy Tale Land (present). Oh, boy. To make things easier, from now on I'm going to call the past Fairy Tale Land "Fairy Tale Land, and the present-day Fairy Tale Land "The Enchanted Forest," since that's what the Storybrooke people call it.

I love Snow's outfit in Fairy Tale Land. It was perfect for the lovely intimate wedding at the end.

It's funny that after the opening scene that when we go to the Enchanted Forest and see Snow lying on the ground that the words "Present Day" come on the screen. I don't think they've ever told us when we were in present day and when we were in the past before. Maybe they did it this time because we have one more place/time to keep track of. However, I think we would all know that it's present day because of Snow's clothing, and her haircut. *wink*

Snow was still a young girl when Cora was magical sent through the looking glass by Regina, so, how does Cora recognize Snow? I know she pretty much looks the same, but come on. *wink* Also, how does Snow know how truly horrible Cora is, because she didn't even know that Cora was the one who killed Daniel. Regina only imagined that she told Snow that Cora killed him in the episode, "We are Both," she didn't really tell her. Maybe we'll see Snow find out about Cora in a future episode, but as of now, there is no evidence that Snow knows.

We now move from Operation Cobra (breaking the curse) to Operation Scorpion (getting Snow and Emma back from the Enchanted Forest).

I loved how formal Lancelot's speech pattern is. My favorite is when he tells Snow to "worry not," and that "leaving is unwise." Is that the way Knights are supposed to speak?

Poor Jefferson. He doesn't want his daughter, Grace, to find him because he's afraid she hates him for abandoning her when he went to Wonderland with Regina. I love the picture he finds that Grace drew of him with the words, "Have you seen my papa?" That's so sweet.

How can the Storybrooke townspeople make Regina leave her job as Mayor. She has magic. Or, is she really changing?

It's funny to watch how Snow treats Emma like a child. Since she wasn't there to raise her, she still sees her as her "baby."

Lancelot fell from grace because of a woman. Hmm, I wonder who that woman could be. *wink* Are we going to meet Arthur and Guinevere eventually?

The exchange between Snow and Charming's mother was heartbreaking when Charming's mother talked to Snow about her and Charming's children, and when Snow finally tells Charming's mother that she will never be able to have children because of King George's curse. It shows what an amazing actress Ginnifer Goodwin is when she can smile and still convey her deep sorrow.

I liked the exchange between Snow and Emma when Emma finally realizes how much Snow loves her. Maybe now she'll stop dwelling on the past and accept Snow and Charming as her parents and accept their love for her.

Again, Ginnifer Goodwin has such an expressive face, and she said so many things without saying a word as she looked around the nursery where Emma was supposed to grow up.

I think it's interesting that Henry wants to go back to the Enchanted Forest. That's where he wants to live.

I haven't said much about Mulan and Aurora, because so far they seem like throw-away characters. We haven't seen their backstories, so I don't feel like I really know much about them, other than what I know from the fairy tales they come from. I hope we get flashbacks of their stories (especially because I want to see more of Prince Plhilip), or they need to have bigger roles in the plot in the Enchanted Forest. Otherwise, they need to just get rid of them.

We have another villain in Storybrooke - King George. It's nice that the good people remember who they are, not so great that the bad people remember who they are too.

The best part of the episode for me was Jefferson's reunion with Grace. It was so touching, and I have waited for it since the last episode of season 1.


Sidenote: I had a power surge last Sunday during the show right as Grace ran to Jefferson, so I missed the reunion and everything that followed. I'm so happy for ABC's online streaming, so I could actually see the reunion and everything else I missed. Stupid power surge! I was so excited to see that reunion.

Quotes: 

Charming: We said we were going to take the kingdom back, and we cannot do it with our tails between our legs. (to Red) No offense.

Charming (to Snow): We're engaged. I think it's about time you met my mother.

Cora: You have nothing to fear from me. The apple fell very far from the tree.

Charming: It would require magic, and magic...
Henry: ... always comes with a price. I've read the book, you know.

Mulan: It's easy to confuse vengeance with justice.

Snow (to King George): The only thing you know of pain is how to inflict it.

Mulan: Have you ever seen an ogre?
Emma: Pretty sure I've dated a few.

Snow: Want to see where you're from Emma? That's right. We're going home.

Henry (to Jefferson): She'll wonder her whole life why you left her. Not knowing is the worst.

Snow (to Ogre): Back away from my daughter!

Emma: When was the last time you shot an arrow?
Snow: Twenty-eight years ago. I guess it's like riding a bike.

Aurora: Sorry, but I'm not exactly dressed for the woods.

Aurora (re: Emma's leather jacket): What kind of corset is this?

Snow: We're going to have a child.
Charming: Is there something I don't know.
Snow: I mean someday.

Emma: I'm not used to someone putting me first.
Snow: Well, get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment