Friday, October 12, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 1 ep. 12 Quippy Quotes

"Prophecy Girl" is the last episode of the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy was a mid-season replacement so it didn't have a full 23 episodes.

The time has finally come for Buffy to face the Master. The problem is it is prophesied that if she comes against him that she will die, so Buffy doesn't want to face him. What a surprise. Who wants to die while fighting an ancient vampire in your sophomore year in high school?

Quotes:

Xander (practicing asking Buffy out on Willow): You know, Buffy, Spring Fling just isn't any dance. It's a time for students to choose, um, a mate, and then we can observe their mating rituals and tag them before they migrate. Just kill me!

Buffy (after killing a vampire): Three in one night. Giles would be so proud.

The Master (during an earthquake): Yes, yes! Shake, earth! This is a sign. We are in the final days. My time is come. Glory! Glory! (the quake stops) What d'ya think, 5.1?

Buffy: Wow, that was boring.
Xander: I don't feel "boring" covers it.
Buffy: No. "Boring" falls short.
Willow: Even I was bored, and I'm a science nerd.
Buffy: Don't say that.
Willow: I'm not ashamed. It's the computer age. Nerds are in. They're still in, right?

Xander: Buffy, I want you to go to the dance with me. You and me - on a date.
Buffy: I don't know what to say.
Xander: Well, you're not laughing, that's a good start.

Xander: Forget it. I'm not him. I mean, I guess a guy's gotta be undead to make time with you.
Buffy: That's really harsh.
Xander: Look, I'm sorry. I don't handle rejection well. Funny, considering all the practice I've had, huh?

Cordelia: Willow, I really like your outfit.
Willow: No, you don't.
Cordelia: No, I don't, but I need a favor.

Willow: How did it go?
Xander: On a scale of one to ten? It sucked.

Willow: I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I'll see you on Monday. (she leaves)
Xander: That's okay. I don't wanna go. Just gonna go home, lie down, and listen to country music. The music of pain.

Joyce: You all right?
Buffy: Sure.
Joyce: Probably just full from the bite of dinner you almost had.

Buffy: Mom, we can't afford this [dress].
Joyce: The way you're eating, we can afford it.

Buffy: But I can't go to the dance.
Joyce: Says who? Is it written somewhere? You should do what you want.

Jenny: The part that gets me, though, is where Buffy is the vampire slayer. She's so little.

Buffy: You're still not going up against the Master.
Giles: I've made up my mind.
Buffy: So have I.
Giles: I made up mine first. I'm older and wiser than you and... just do what you're told for once, all right.
Buffy: That's not how it goes. I'm the slayer.

Buffy: (to Jenny, after hitting Giles) When he wakes up, tell him... I don't know. Think of something cool, and tell him I said it.

Xander: Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here, but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way.

Xander: How could you let her go?
Giles: As the soon-to-be-purple area on my jaw will attest, I did not "let" her go.

Jenny: I'm sorry to bring this up, but we also have an apocalypse to worry about.
Xander: Do you mind?
Willow: How come she's in the club?

Xander: How can I say this clearly? I don't like you. At the end of the day, I pretty much think you're a vampire. But Buffy's got this big old yen for you. She thinks you're a real person. And right now, I need you to prove her right.
Angel: You're in love with her.
Xander: Aren't you?

Buffy: You know, you really ought to talk to your contractor. Looks like you got some water damage.
The Master: Oh good. The feeble banter portion of the fight.

Xander: You were looking at my neck.
Angel: What?
Xander: You were checking out my neck. I saw that.
Angel: No I wasn't.
Xander: Just keep your distance, pal.
Angel: I wasn't looking at your neck.
Xander: I told you to eat before we left.

Buffy: Oh look, a bad guy.

Buffy: Angel, you better put on your game face.
Angel: I'm ready.

The Master: You're dead!
Buffy: I may be dead, but I'm still pretty. Which is more than I can say for you.
The Master: You were destined to die! It was written!
Buffy: What can I say? I flunked the written.

The Master: Did you really think you could best me here when you couldn't below?
Buffy: You have fruit punch mouth.
The Master: What?
Buffy: And save the hypnosis crap for the tourists.

Giles: Vampires?
Cordelia: Gone.
Angel: The Master?
Giles: Dead.

Buffy: I'm sorry. It's just been a really weird day.
Xander: Yea, Buffy died and everything.
Willow: Wow, harsh.
Giles: Should've known that wouldn't stop you.

Giles: I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to get out of this place. I don't like the library very much anymore.

Buffy: We saved the world, I say we party.

Angel: By the way, I really like your dress.
Buffy: Yea, yea, it's a big hit with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment