Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Grimm: The Bottle Imp

Oh Grimm, how could you do that to us? You give us hope for Nick and Juliette, and then beep... beep... beep... Our hope is dashed, as well as Nick's. However, you finally gave us the meeting between Juliette and Renard since "the kiss." and who knows where that's going to lead? Well, we did get a glimpse from the preview of the next episode, but previews can be misleading - this episode is a case in point. There was more to this episode than just the new Nick/Juliette/Renard triangle.

Observations:

You can tell from how easy it is for April to carry that suitcase that there's nothing in it. That's something that bugs me in filmmaking. Just like when they never put any liquid in Styrofoam coffee cups, they never put anything in suitcases unless the character is going to open it up. Come on prop masters, at least make it believable.

It's sweet when Rosalee asks Monroe how he's doing after Angelina's death. I love these two together. It's great that Rosalee trusts Monroe to tend the store for her while she's gone. What could go wrong? *wink*

This breed of Wesen is very quick to anger, which isn't a good thing with teeth like those.

It's interesting that Bill Granger has not only read "The Rights of Man" by Thomas Paine, but he's also read it to his nine year old daughter.

I'm ready for another story that has more of Sergeant Wu. I love him.

Nick finally takes Hank to Grimm-central: Aunt Marie's airstream. It's interesting when Hank stops at the picture of the Hexenbiest in one of Nick's books of Wesen. But of course he doesn't recognize it because he never saw Adalind in her true form when she was a Hexenbiest. I wonder if and when he'll find out his old girlfriend was a witch.

And speaking of Adalind... she's back in the picture, ready to further her revenge on Nick, and also on Renard. She knew that Renard was the only one who could waken Juliette. That's interesting.

It's funny to see how excited Nick is to show Hank the crossbow and his other weapons. Men and their weapons. *wink*

Hank finds out that Monroe saved his life. I'm looking forward to their next meeting to see how Hank says "thank you."

It had to have taken Granger a long time to build that bunker in that mountain. How do you get all of that in the ground?

I have to say that I guessed what really happened to the gas station attendant after the police found April's mother. It also made sense after we found out that Granger didn't kill the man whose truck he stole.

It was sweet to see Nick cradling April after they found her. I wonder if he and Juliette have ever talked about having kids in the future. I know, I know, they're fictional characters, but they all have to have back stories, right?

Oh, the look on Monroe's face when he sees Leroy take a chainsaw to the Grandfather clock!

Just when Juliette is finally moving forward with Nick, of course her obsession with Renard begins. Which leads us to next week's episode when something might happen between Juliette and Renard, if the previews aren't deceiving.

Quotes:

Sergeant Wu: Found some stuff at Granger's, except no Granger. Got a laptop and it was on. I think
he thought he was coming back. Password protected, but that won't stop me. Also some receipts and a dog-eared copy of Thomas Paine's "Rights of Man." So at least he's literate.

Hank: I wonder what he's building. Not a better life.

Wu: Here's a good one. "How to build a self-composting latrine." That always comes in handy.

Hank (re: Nick's airstream): Okay, this is not the kind my family went camping in.

Hank: I gotta say man, you've been living one weird life.
Nick: Tell me about it.
Hank: I guess maybe I am too now.

Renard: Juliette's awake now.
Adalind: Then I assume you had something to do with it? You're the only one who could.
Renard: What did you give her?
Adalind: Why don't you ask my cat. You've been having some fun. And so will I.

Monroe: Let me pose a hypothetical. What if someone were to... substitute, say, Nepeta Agrestis for Viscum Coleratum?
Rosalee: That would be terrible.
Monroe: Terrible, huh?
Rosalee: Yes.
Monroe: Hmm. Like, just wondering, on the scale of terrible, you know, like 1 to 10?
Rosalee: Eleven.
Monroe: Oh, okay. I should probably checked on him. Just to make sure.

Monroe (to Leroy): Well, on the bright side, you got your balance back.

3 comments:

  1. We missed it on Friday and watched it on Hulu, which doesn't air the "coming next week" teaser. Do you know if there's somewhere we can see it? It sounds like the preview was really something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there were going to be consequences to Renard kissing Juliette. Don't the fairy tales say it's "true love's" kiss that woke the Sleeping Beauty? Does the kiss effectively become a love spell? I also wonder if Renard is still pure in heart, or if that particular potion only lasted a few days. At any rate, I love this twist!

    I also guessed fairly early on who the real "villain" was. The smile on her face at the end was so creepy!

    ReplyDelete