Monday, May 28, 2012

Awake: Turtles All the Way Down

What a great season finale for Awake! Or, I suppose I should say "series finale." The show ended on that "high note" I was hoping for. I'm even more disappointed now than I was before that the series has been canceled. Curse you NBC.

The season finale felt like an ending, but it also brought up more questions. Which world was the reality and which was the dream? Or were they both a dream? And was the ending the reality? I would love to have seen where the second season would go.

It's too bad that more people didn't watch the series. It was really good, especially Jason Isaacs. I think he should be nominated for an Emmy for his performance in the show, especially for these last two episodes. He is such a great actor.

And I also have to mention Captain Harper's (Laura Innes) scene with Michael in the jail cell when Michael tells her he knows what she did. The way that her cheek starts to twitch made her guilt seem so believable. What a great performance.

It's hard when you get attached to a new series and it isn't renewed. This is the time when you wonder if you should watch any of the new shows in the fall, because if you like them and they're canceled, you'll just be disappointed. But then, one season of a good show is better than seven seasons of a crappy one. Case in point: I wouldn't trade the one season of Firefly for anything. (Not that I could. :-)

I'm just so happy that two of my favorite new shows, Once Upon a Time and Grimm are coming back in the fall. Thanks ABC and NBC (okay, I know I cursed NBC earlier, but Grimm makes up for it).

Observation:

Great shot of Rex and Hannah with the back of Michael's head in the middle.

Quotes:

Efrem: You've seen a penguin before. Don't look at me, look at them.

Dr Evans: Detective, I'm afraid it's just turtles all the way down.

Hannah: Look at this, he lives.

Rex: You okay?
Michael: I'm good. I'm perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment