Thursday, May 3, 2012

Grimm: Leave it to Beavers


The Reapers have come - the kind who cut off the heads of Grimms. Their target: Nick.

Nick knows that he is in danger after hearing about other Grimms who have met their untimely end at the hands of Reapers. He asks Monroe to help him prepare to meet them "head on."

It's great to see what weapons Nick has found in Aunt Marie's trailer. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of those weapons.

The shot of the woods at the beginning of this episode is stunning. The forest is very "fairy tailish." I wouldn't mind taking a walk into those woods.

Doesn't it seem like only Wesen commit crimes in Portland? It would be interesting to see an episode where the criminal isn't a Wesen, but a Wesen (other than Monroe or Rosalee) helps Nick and Hank solve the crime.

Great shot of Nick shooting a melon with the face of a troll on it. Oh, and Nick is a great shot.

It was funny to see how uncomfortable Nick and Monroe are when Juliette invites Monroe over for dinner. The conversation is hilarious, and Juliette's expression as Nick and Monroe try to explain how they met without saying that Monroe is a Wesen and Nick is a Grimm is classic. It can't be long now before Juliette demands to know what Nick is hiding from her.

I love that Monroe drives a yellow classic VW Bug. And it's interesting that Emma in Once Upon a Time also drives a yellow classic Bug. From one Beetle owner to two others - nice wheels!

Bud is so proud to say that Nick, a Grimm, is his friend. It was great to hear Nick call him brave. I think Bud is my second favorite Wesen, next to Monroe.

I love how ones of the Eisbebers, a Wesen, says they have to stand up to the monsters. Of course the Eisbebers aren't not going to see themselves as monsters.

Message to the Reapers: Don't mess with Nick Burkhardt, he has killer weapons, and he knows how to use them.

Quotes:

Nick: I told you to meet me, not eat me.
Monroe: Hey man, we're not playing paint ball out here, okay. You want to practice your Grimm skills, you gotta be ready for anything. Now, could you get off me, please. I'm finding this a little, you know, awkward.

Nick: I can't shoot everybody.

Monroe: Slowly squeeze.
Nick: I know how to shoot.

Nick: Monroe, think about this for one second. What would we possibly talk about? 'Oh, gee guys, how did you two meet?' 'Well honey, it all started when I found out Monroe was a blutblad, and that was right after I found out I was a Grimm, and by the way, did I tell you that I can see things other people can't?'

Monroe: In my experience, the best lies are sort of the truth.

Bud: The Hassliches, they have a thing for bridges. They think they own them.

Bud: We have to pay the Troll, so to speak.

Bud: If Arnold's hiding, I might know where. If I'm right, I'll come to your house and carve a small series of numbers on the porch steps. The odd numbers will mean that--
Nick: Or, just call me.
Bud: Yea, yea, yea. That will work too. I'll call you.

Juliette: Monroe is one of the stranger people I have ever met, but he did save my life. And I think I love him.

Bud: I don't want to tell you what to say, although I guess I already have.

Nick: They're going to keep coming for me until I'm dead, aren't they?
Monroe: Yea, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment