Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grimm: Woman in Black

"It shall not be death, but a sleep of a hundred years, into which the princess shall fall."

I am so upset.

The season finale of Grimm was so good, and I'm so mad that I have to wait until the fall to find out what happens. I love this show!

As you can deduce from the opening quote, this episode was, of course, based on Sleeping Beauty, with Juliette as the princess, and Adalind (the witch who fought Nick and lost, losing her "witchness" as a result) as the evil fairy. But the episode was much, much more, in true Grimm fashion.

Observations:

**Caution: Spoilers ahead**

The episode begins with Poor Hank is having nightmares, and Nick and Monroe having coffee.

Adalind was the first Wesen that Nick saw "woge." See my Grimm: Big Feet post to learn about woge.

Two weeks in a row we get to see Juliette at work. Nice.

It's not good to get on the bad side of a former witch. Nick should have guessed that the best way for his enemies to get back at him is to harm Juliette. It's happened before.

That is a creepy cat. Black eyes and a yellow tongue. Not good.

Renard cared about his housekeeper. Ahhh.

That poor nameless officer who goes to Renard's condo with Sgt Wu... You knew as soon as Sgt Wu left to find a key to get into the condo that the nameless cop would be Kimura's next victim.

Is Renard not a Wesen? If he were attacked by a Wesen, wouldn't he reveal his "Wesenness"?

I loved seeing Renard in his sweater and khakis. He's just so fine.

Is Nick going to learn how to make those potions he finds in Aunt Marie's trailer? I don't think it's the kind of stuff Rosalee would sell in her shop.

It's finally happened. Nick has to tell Juliette what he is.

I just have to say that Nick is so handsome. Mmmmmmm.

I would be scared when Nick says, "If you want the truth, you're going to get it," just like Juliette is. But Juliette trusts Nick, so she goes with him. She trusts him for now, but that isn't going to last. Oh, and I just have to say that Juliette's expression is wonderful after Nick says that. Nice acting, Bitsie.

It really starts raining quickly. When they go out of the house it's clear. By the time they get to Aunt Marie's trailer it's pouring. Arguments in the rain are so much more dramatic. So are declarations of love, as seen in the latest version of Pride and Prejudice. But I digress. *wink*

Great flashbacks from the first season.

Its great to see the excitement Nick has as he finally gets to reveal his "Grimm" world to Juliette. You can tell that he has accepted who he is and he likes it - for now. I guess he really did sound and look crazy.

I was looking forward to Juliette learning who Nick was. And then, just as Monroe was going to "woge" to prove to Juliette that Nick was telling the truth, the cat "prick" finally works its magic and the princess goes into her deep sleep. Did I really believe that Juliette would accept Nick's explanation in season one? I guess not.

The woman in black is a great fighter. She must be... well, let's see... A Grimm?

Poor Hank. Is he ever going to be the same again?

Poor Juliette. Is she ever going to be the same again?

Great slide across the table, Nick.

No wonder Nick is so handsome. His mother is Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio? *wink*

Will we ever see Adalind again, or will she do her damage and run? Or, maybe next season she'll turn into a dragon and Nick will have to fight her again. Wait! That's the Disney version of the fairy tale, and if there's one thing that Grimm is not, it's Disney versions of the fairy tales.

So, we go into the next season with Hank freaking out because he saw a couple of Wesen. Juliette is, we don't know what, because she was scratched by a a cat that was possessed by a former witch. Monroe and Rosalee are trying to find out how to save Juliette. And Nick is reunited with his Grimm mother, who he thought was dead.

How long until the fall?

Quotes:

Woman in Black: So, Mr. Adams, you must have found something that wasn't good for you.

Nick: Let's see what this guy was shooting.
Hank: Hope it's not some thing too gross.

Monroe: So, You want a little Grimm time?
Nick: Yea.
Monroe: I can probably help you with that.

Nick: You don't know her like I do, okay.
Juliette: You said that once before. What does that mean?

Nick: She's a witch, okay?
Juliette: You're gonna need to try a little harder, Nick. What does ride, a broom? Because I distinctly remember her getting into a BMW.

Juliette: How often do you come here?
Nick: Whenever I have a problem I can't figure out.

Nick: Now, this is going to sound a little weird, and I know it's going to sound a little weird. (That line is a little weird.)

Nick: I can see things that...
Juliette: That what?
Nick: That most people can't.
Juliette: You mean like ghosts?
Nicks: No, no not the dead.
Juliette: Well, that's good.

Monroe: Hey Nick. Juliette. What a pleasant surprise. I think.

Monroe: Okay, okay just give me a second to get into it.

Monroe: Nick, I know you want to stay here and be with Juliette.
Nick: I do, but thats not going to help her. Let's go find that cat.

Nick: You good here for now?
Monroe: Not really.
Rosalee: Yes.

Monroe: Maybe it just doesn't like me. Blutbladen and house pets don't really mix, except, you know, as the occasional in between meal treat.

Woman in Black: Nick. Nickie. It's me.
Nick: Mom?

1 comment:

  1. Loved this episode! SO GOOD! And Sleeping Beauty is my favorite fairy tale, so that was a added bonus. I hope to catch up on my last two posts about this season in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete