Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Welsh Ballroom Dancer


**Spoiler**

A few months ago, I blogged about Katherine Jenkins, a Welsh singer, who was on Dancing with the Stars. I blogged about it because she was in an episode of Doctor Who, and we all know how I feel about Doctor Who.

I watched a few episodes, and she was a naturally good dancer. Even though Katherine was relatively unknown here in the United States, she came in second! Not bad for a Welsh opera singer not many Americans had even heard of a few months ago.

She said about her experience, "It's just been brilliant." I love the way Brits use that word. Brilliant!

Sidenote: Benedick Cumberbatch (BBC's Sherlock) wished her luck. Yes, Sherlock Holmes was rooting for Katherine. *wink*

3 comments:

  1. I told a kid at Subway the other day that the sandwich he made me was "brilliant." He and the other teenaged employees loved the word choice!

    I also loved seeing Benedick Cumberbatch on Dancing with the Stars, of all places! I haven't been able to watch the second season of Sherlock, though -- blast PBS for not making it available online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you used "brilliant" at Subway. Brilliant!

      I have the second season of Sherlock, so come on over!

      Delete
  2. ew Vogue is a style of sequence dance that was developed in Australia in the early 1960s. Its based on ballroom technique and uses a fast waltz, foxtrot, tango and march times. Its largely replaced English Old Tyme dancing in Australasian dancesport competitions.

    zumba hamilton

    ReplyDelete