Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Various Sundry Items

I cannot tell you how much I love this image for the new series, Sleepy Hollow, coming to Fox in the fall. I love the headless horseman. I'm just wondering where his horse is. *wink*

I hope this show lives up to its poster.


*****

It's been announced that the film adaptation of the musical, Into the Woods, will come to cinemas on Christmas day 2014. It seems so far away. I guess it's because it is. 

So far, the following parts have been cast:

Witch: Meryl Streep
Baker: James Cordon
Baker's Wife: Emily Blunt
Cinderella's Prince: Jake Gyllenhaal
Rapunzel's Prince: Chris Pine
Wolf: Johnny Depp
Jack's Mother: Tracy Ullman
Cinderella's Mother: Christine Baranski (rumored)

The cast sounds good so far. I'm not sure if Emily Blunt can sing. I hope she can, because Stephen Sondheim's music is not easy.

*****

I was going to try to stay up-to-date on my blog with the rumors flying around about who will play the 12th Doctor on Doctor Who, but I don't want to post rumors. So, I will blog about the new Doctor when the 12th Doctor is officially announced.

Even though I'm not going to post about it yet, it is exciting to read about the actors who people think are front-runners for the part. If you want to keep up with the latest news on the search for the new Doctor, and any other Doctor Who related news, go to my favorite Doctor Who blog, Blogtor Who

*****

Coming soon to BBC is a new crime drama, Death Comes to Pemberley. Yes, it's a crime drama based on Pride and Prejudice. Actually, it's a crime drama based on a book (called Death Comes to Pemberley), which is based on Pride and Prejudice. The three episode series takes place after Elizabeth and Darcy's marriage, and one of the supporting characters is murdered.

There will be familiar British actors in the cast. Anna Maxwell Martin (North and South, Bleak House) will play Elizabeth Bennet Darcy, Matthew Rhys (Brothers and Sisters, The Abduction Club) will play Fitzwilliam Darcy, Jenna-Louise Coleman (Doctor Who) will play Lydia Bennet Wickham, Matthew Good (Leap Year, Chasing Liberty) will play Wickham and James Fleet (Little Dorrit, Sense and Sensibility) will play Mr. Bennet. The best news, however, is that Penelope Keith (Good Neighbors, To the Manor Born) will be playing Lady Catherine de Bourgh. I want to see it just to see Penelope play that part. 

*****

Auditions for So You Think You Can Dance are over, and the live performances have begun. Yay! And my favorite host of any reality show is back. She is so personable and fun, and just a great host. Nice to see you Cat! This is your year for the Emmy. 

I wanted to insert one of my favorite SYTYCD routines here, a hip hop number by Twitch and Alex, but youtube wouldn't let me embed the video, so you'll have to go to youtube here to see it. It's amazing and so much fun. 

I'm excited for this season, and I hope it holds many memorable routines that I can add to my favorites.

*****

Did you ever wonder what Star Wars would have sounded like if William Shakespeare had written it instead of George Lucas? Neither had I, but Ian Doescher did. Check out the first few pages of William Shakespeare's Star Wars. It's pretty funny, and pretty impressive.

I wonder how long it took Ian to write this book. If he stayed with iambic pentameter through the whole book, all I can say is - wow! From what I've read so far, Ian keeps pretty close to the iambic pentameter. My favorite lines that follows the pattern is the following:

C-3PO: I'll warrant madness lies within.
R2-D2:                                 -- -- beep beep,

I can't wait to read the entire thing. It would be great if someone produced it someday. I don't know how they would stage it, but it could be very entertaining. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment