Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Once Upon a Time: Second Star to the Right

As the second season comes to an end, Once Upon a Time is setting up season 3, where we'll go to another land, Neverland. Hopes for fewer new characters just flew away with a "shadow."

I like the characters of Tamara and Greg even less than I did before. I hope we don't see much of them in the next season.

Observations:

I wonder what Bae did in Victorian England for six months.

In J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan, Nana was a Newfoundland, but in Disney's version of Peter Pan the dog is a St. Bernard, so of Once Upon a Time is going to make Nana a St. Bernard. It would be interesting to see if Once Upon a Time makes any decisions based on the source material. Hmm.

Tamara has chosen Greg over Neal. That woman is crazy.

I guess Bae has been in Victorian England long enough to learn about the workhouse. I'm sure there were no "workhouses" in the Enchanted Forest.

I wonder what Gold and Lacey do when they hang out together. What do they have in common? And I have to say that I like Lacey even less than I like Belle. Belle is one of the most boring characters in the show, even as Lacey.

We know that Neverland has mermaids. Will we be seeing Ariel next season? If we don't, I'll be very surprised. Any excuse to introduce new characters.

Didn't The Shadow already know that he wanted a boy? Why did he take Wendy in the first place? Did he not know that she was a girl. I guess he had a hard time distinguishing Wendy's nightgown from the boys' nightshirts. *wink*

I just don't get Lacey. Why does she like Gold? Just because he beats people up? The relationship makes no sense to me.

What did David give to Emma? I thought it was his gun, but then he has it later.

It's so cute to see John with his umbrella and Michael with his bear.

I wish some of Bae's preparations for the return of The Shadow had made some kind of difference keeping him out. It would have been a bit more interesting. And given a purpose for even showing them making the preparations.

Bae wore a nightshirt before. Now he's wearing modern-looking boy's pajamas. I guess that's because they couldn't have him flying over London in a nightshirt. *wink*

The shots of Bae flying with The Shadow above London were pretty cool.

Women just don't fight like girls anymore. *wink*

No, not Neal!

I'm surprised that Greg knows the exact place to find his father's remains (if they really are the remains of his father).

So, Bae did meet Hook in Neverland. Hmm.

How do the people in the "home office" know what the trigger is? It annoys me that we're just supposed to believe that the "home office" peeps just know what it is from Tamara's description. I guess the writers expect us to just believe a lot of things in this show.

Quotes:

Emma: He's too busy with his new *slash* old girlfriend.

Greg (to Hook): Look, would you mind lending me a hand? Preferably your good one.

Gold: Never underestimate the power of a guilty conscience.

Mary Margaret: Why do you have one of Regina's tears?
Gold: Because I do.
(Side note: That's such a cop-out answer. He gives that answer because the writers don't want to have to explain it.)

Gold: And with that, I've fulfilled my end of the bargain. Goodbye.
David: Always a pleasure.

Neal: Emma, yea, if Tamara is hiding Regina here in her evil lair at the docks, I've got your back.

David: Despite our differences, we're family.

No comments:

Post a Comment