Friday, June 7, 2013

Grimm: Kiss of the Muse

One small step for Juliette. One giant step for Grimm. All I can say is, finallly! We can start to resolve the plot line that has been going on and on and on for a whole season. Oh, and Nick is seduced by a Wesen whose kiss makes men obsessed with her. They could have called this episode "A Grimm Obsessed." Or maybe "It's Just the Way That it Is." Well, I guess "Kiss of the Muse" explains it all.

Observations:

I do like the way Juliette walks into her memories of Nick.

I read that Russell Hornsby, who plays Hank, injured his Achilles tendon. Ouch. I didn't think that the writers purposefully wrote in an injury for Hank. I'm glad he was able to continue working even if it was on crutches.

I love the look Nick gives Hank when Khloe she tells them that guys fall for her pretty quickly. He doesn't seem to believe her.

And... the obsession begins.

Khloe has more paintings on the walls in her apartment than Renard does. *wink*

The tables are going to be turned. Juliette is starting to remember her feelings for Nick, and Nick is started to forget his feelings for her. I like the twist.

Good for Monroe. He has perfect timing.

It's interesting that as Juliette apologizes to Nick about the way she treated him, that she says she was losing her mind. As she tells Nick this, he's losing his mind too. Oh, those silly Wesen spells. Parallel much?

I do feel sorry for Juliette. As much as she was beginning to absolutely annoy me with her plot line, I guess I still do like the character, and I want her and Nick to get back together. Go figure.

Oh, not a good combination when you have a man obsessed with a girl, and a drunk man comes and starts grilling him about the picture the man drew of her. Especially when that obsessed man is a cop and Grimm.

I'm surprised that this is the first time Rosalee has been in Aunt Marie's trailer. I guess I thought she's been there before.

So, artists are a bit eccentric anyway, but add to that a strange obsession with a very conceited Musai, and you've got a down-right certifiable.

So, Van Gogh cut off his ear because of his obsession with a Musai. Now we know. *wink*

I wonder how the Grimms learned the names of the Wesen. I'm sure they didn't tell him what they were right before they cut off their heads.

Oh, that eeeviiil woman! She gets some kind of sick pleasure out of seeing men fight over her - men dying because of her.

Why couldn't Juliette save Nick from the obsession when he came to her house for dinner.

Quotes:

Monroe: The true epicure always does his shopping when the farmers set up.

Hank: So, what did I miss?
Nick: The usual. The devil. A couple of space aliens.

Nick: What about the girl? I think she knew the shooter.
Wu: She does. According to her, and by "her" I mean Khloe Sedgwick, age 30, girlfriend of the vic.

Chloe: I don't mean to sound conceited. It's just the way that it is.

Hank (to Nick): Are you going to wash that hand?

Landlady: He said she was his inspiration. I thought that was very romantic. But, personally, I think he gave her way too much credit. But I guess that's love, right?

Wu: Anton's boy has not been found. Doesn't mean he's not way down river. But...
Hank: It's the "but" that scares me.

Juliette: I just wanted to know if he has said anything to you about our relationship, or...?
Monroe: Yours and mine?
Juliette: No. Me and Nick.

Khloe: That's how it starts. But it's never how it ends.

Monroe (on the phone): So, you're having dinner with Juliette?
Nick: Monroe?
Monroe: Yep. With two defrosted primo veggie steaks. Ring a dinner bell?

Nick: The place looks great.
Juliette: I didn't change anything.

Nick: So, what did you want to talk to me about?
Juliette: Oh. Right to the point.

Juliette: I thought I was losing my mind. You know, for all intents and purposes, I was losing my mind.

Monroe: You must have had a lot to talk about.
Nick: Not really.
Monroe: Well, let me just say, huh.

Monroe: For months you have been dying for Juliette to remember you, and now she finally does, and you don't even... I mean, forgive me if I'm a little flummoxed.

Nick: You might want to start looking into getting your own life.
[Nick leaves]
Monroe: I think you need to start looking into getting your own house.

Monroe: It's a veritable museum of Wesenology. Chronicling the proud Grimm tradition of hunting and beheading people like us.
Rosalee: Oh. Nice to know.

Monroe: It's all in German, of course.

Hank: Van Gogh, huh?
Monroe: I mean, I'm just reading what's here...

Renard: Why break into a paint store.
Hank: I think it has something to do with Khloe Sedgwick.
Nick: Why?
Hank: Oh, just a hunch. You know what those are.

Monroe: So, what? It's the proverbial kiss of death?
Rosalee: Obsessive desire can be confused with love.
Monroe: Whatever this is, it ain't love.

Juliette: Wish me luck, or... whatever.

Juliette: Come on memory.

Monroe: Some things aren't as crazy as they seem when you get to know them.

Khloe: Well, I can't help it. I was born this way.

Renard: Really?

1 comment:

  1. We're really glad that the Nick/Juliette line is finally being resolved. Of course (because I'm sure you've already watched the season finale), it can't ever be quite that easy. Enjoying this one. Thanks for posting about it when it was announced as a new series. :) I'm just glad that it didn't go just one season and then die. I have too many series I like that go that way. (Shesh, what's with people not liking really good shows?)

    ReplyDelete