Monday, June 17, 2013

Grimm: The Waking Dead

A stranger has come to Portland. A stranger who sings to himself. And after the stranger comes to town, the dead starts coming back to life. Coincidence? Of course not, this is Grimm.

Juliette wants to know what Nick wanted Monroe to show Juliette right before she passed out (that was at the end of season 1, if you can remember that far back *wink*). So, Juliette finally sees a Wesen. Well, actually she sees three Wesen: Monroe, Rosalee, and Bud. Juliette is now part of the "gang."

Observations:

Adalind tells Eric that she still has powers he hasn't seen yet. Um, I think he's already seen those powers.

I'm glad that Juliette apologized to Nick, when he isn't actually under the influence of a Musai, so he really understands what she's saying and what she's apologizing for. It's taken an awfully long time for Juliette and Nick to get back together, and all I can say is, "It's about time!" It only took all season.

That was pretty graphic - watching that man get shot so many times.

Adalind is dealing with the big boys now. She thinks she has everything under control, but now that she has something that many people want, she is the one that's going to be manipulated by the people who want what she has. I really want to see her get her comeuppance.

I love watching how nervous Bud is about showing Juliette what a Wesen is.

If the stranger wanted to blend in with everyone else, he's not doing a great job. *wink*

If the guy that "came back to life" was in the morgue when he rose from from dead, wouldn't he have been naked? If so, I wonder where he got the clothes he was wearing when he eventually died again? (Yes, I think of little details like that. *wink*)

I guess this is Dr. Harper's first time to ever have one of her corpses rise from the dead. There's gotta be a first for everything, right?

Speaking of "firsts," Juliette gets to see her first Wesen woge. I love that when Rosalee woges into a Fuchsbau, Juliette pulls back in surprise, and Bud pulls back at the same time, probably because he's worried about Juliette's response. It's pretty funny.

What do Monroe, Rosalee, and Bud think that Juliette's going to do when she runs out of the spice shop after seeing Rosalee woge? Do they think she's going to harm herself or something? The woman was shocked, she just needed to leave. It is kind of funny though, that she walks right back into the spice shop. No need to worry, then.

It's funny that Juliette tries not to laugh when she sees Bud in his Wesen form.

Why would Frau Pech bring Stephania into the picture in the first place if she didn't trust her? And why would Adalind trust Stephania more than she would trust Frau Pech when Frau Pech was one of her own kind? Well, maybe I answered the second question already. Adalind knows that you can't trust a Hexenbiest because she used to be one.

I'm surprised that when Renard learns that there could be a woman carrying the child of a royal that it doesn't dawn on him that the mother could possibly Adalind and the father could be himself. Although, I still don't think that Adalind would know so soon that she was pregnant if the father were Renard. So, I think the child is Eric's. However, this is television, and fiction, so they can write it however they like.

It's good that the Cracher-Mortel wears the same hat as his ancestors so that Nick and Hank can identify him. *wink*

It's so funny that they roll out a red carpet for Eric as he gets out of his private jet. Eventually, he walks off of it to get to his limosine, but he has to have that little bit of red carpet when he first gets off. Royal protocol is so peculiar.

They could have called this episode, "Zombies in a Storage Container." *wink*

Of course The Baron is working for Eric. Why else would he be in Portland?

Quotes:

Eric (on the phone): Father, please. You slept with a Hexenbiest too. Look where that got us.

Juliette: It was quite a night.
Nick: Yea. I've had a few of those.

Stephania: There is a way to regain your powers, in exchange for a healthy child, once you give birth.
Adalind: What do I have to do?
Stephania: It's difficult and uncomfortable.
Adalind: What isn't that's worth having?

Adalind: I'm a lawyer. How am I supposed to understand what I'm signing?
Stephania: You're not supposed to understand with your head. It will all become clear, once you sign.

Stephania: Needless to say, the contract is binding.

Frau Pech (to Adalind in German): Don't let your womb become your tomb.

Juliette: My memory's coming back, Bud. And don't forget, you told me Nick was a Grimm.
Bud: You remember that? I never mean to say that. That was a mistake. I took it back, remember that?

Nick: Could he have been moved?
Morgue clerk: They don't move until I have paperwork on them, and I don't have any paperwork on him.
Hank: So, what happened, he just got up and walked out?
Morgue clerk: I don't think so.

Rosalee: I just want you to know that whatever you see, I'm still me.
Bud: It's still her.
Rosalee: You know about Wesen, and Monroe's told you about the woge. And that's what I'm going to do now.
Bud: Remember, it's still Rosalee.
Rosalee: Bud.
Monroe: Juliette, bottom line, this is what Nick felt was his last hope to convince you.
Juliette: Just do it.

Juliette: And what are you?
Monroe (pauses): I'm a Blutbad.
Juliette: That's German. What does it mean?
Monroe: It means... what I am.

Bud: Did I pull a woge? This is embarrassing. This has never happened before.

Juliette: Why did you want them to go first.
Monroe: Because I take a little getting used to.

Adalind (on the phone with Stephania): She also said not the trust you.
Stephania: That's good advice. But trusting a Hexenbiest is far worse.

Nick: Where is she?
Wu: The ME [Medical Examiner]?
Hank: No. The dead woman who isn't dead.
Wu: Well, she's in the ICU at St. Joe's. I was thinking maybe we should go over there and... [Nick and Hank have already walked away] Okay. Not needed.

The Baron: Welcome back, mon chere.

Wu: It's getting too weird. Even for Portland.

The Baron: I don't know what happened. She just died. I can't seem to bring her back to life.
Al (the tow truck driver): Nice hat, bro.

The Baron: Let's go for a ride.

Eric (on the phone with Renard): I just arrived in your wild west.

Monroe: She took it better than Hank did when I woged for him the first time.
Hank: Let me just say I didn't take it well the first, second or third time.
Bud: First time is always rough. I remember the first  time my dad got really angry at me. I was just this little Eisbieber... Nobody's interested.

Juliette (to herself): Stop obsessing, it is just dinner... with Nick.

Nick: I got you flowers because... I am really nervous.

Nick: Monroe told me what you saw at the spice shop.
Juliette: Yea. That was... eye opening.
Nick: You're okay?
Juliette: Well... Why don't I put these flowers in water before they... woge.

Eric: Portland. You're no Vienna. We are home to Beethoven, Brahams, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Strauss,. You are home to... Nike. Yes, you're no Vienna. But then, what is? How did they come up with the name, do you suppose? They have a port. They have land. They put a lot of thought into that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment