Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: season 3, ep. 10, Quippy Quotes

In "Amends," it's the Christmas season, and Angel is haunted by some of Angelus's victims. However, it's not just a guilty conscience (although Angel certainly has that), there's a "mega" demon, who isn't really a demon, who is manipulating Angel - all just so Angel will lose his soul again and kill Buffy. Angel doesn't know if he can control himself, so he's willing to kill himself to keep Buffy safe. And then a miracle happens. Merry Christmas.

Quotes:

Buffy:  So, are you shopping? Probably not shopping.
Angel: I couldn't sleep.
Buffy: Vampires probably not that big on Christmas, now that I think about it.
Angel: Not as a rule.

Buffy: He didn't say anything. He just took off. It was so weird.
Xander: Angel? Weird? What are the odds?

Buffy: I just want a nice, quiet Christmas vacation.
(Author commentary: What are the odds? *wink*)
Xander: So, you doing anything special?
Buffy: Tree. Nog. Roast beast. Just me and Mom and, hopefully, an excess of gifts. (to Willow) What are you doing for Christmas?
Willow: Being Jewish. Remember, people? Not everybody worships Santa.

Cordelia: I'll be in Aspen, skiing... with actual snow.
Buffy: I hear that helps.
Cordelia: It must be a drag to be stuck here in Sweatydale, but I'm thinking of you. Okay, I'm not.

Oz: I know you guys have a history.
Willow: But it's a history that's in the past. Well, I guess most history is in the past.

Buffy: I like the lights.
Faith: Yea. Well, 'tis the season. Whatever that means.

Angel: I can't come in unless you invite me.
Giles: I'm aware of that.

Angel: I need to know why I'm here.
Giles: Here? Back on earth?
Angel: I should be in a demon dimension suffering an eternity of torture.
Giles: I don't feel particularly inclined to argue with that.

Angel: What do you want?
Apparition of Jenny: I want to die in bed surrounded by fat grandchildren, but I guess that's off the menu.

Buffy: I'm not seeing him anymore. I'm trying to put all of this behind me, and I'm not gonna be able to do that as long as we're both doing guests spots in each other's dreams.

Xander: Look, I'm aware I haven't been the mosest best friend to you when it comes to the whole Angel thing. And I don't know, maybe I finally got the Hanukkah spirit.

Giles: Buffy, the diary of Lucious Temple, an acolyte of Acthla, expert on demons. You can skip the passages on his garden, unless you're keen on growing healthier beets.

Willow: He's gonna come over on Christmas Eve 'cause my parents are out of town. We're gonna watch videos.
Buffy: That's good, right, you guys are back.
Willow: It's good. It's perfect... in an awkward, uncomfortable sort of way.

Willow (reading a book): Hey, he likes beets.
Buffy: I read that one already.

Willy: So, what can I do for you? Couple of drinks?
Xander: Yea, let me get a double shot of... um, of information pal.
Buffy: Three priests. They call themselves --
Xander: The Bringers.
Buffy: Bringers. Harbingers. The have a "no eyes" kind of look.
Willy: Doesn't ring a bell.
Xander: How about I ring that bell for you? (to Buffy) Does the threatening come now?
Buffy: Maybe you shouldn't help.

Willy: Well, I heard a few things, you know, from the underground.
Xander: The underground?
Willy: Yea, you know, from things that live under the ground.

Willy: Hey. You did great, by the way. I was very intimidated by you.
Xander: Really? Thanks.
Buffy: Let's go.

Xander: We know underground. That's a start.
Buffy: Sure. In a town with 14 million square miles of sewer.
Xander: Plus a lot of natural cave formations and a gateway to hell. Yea, this does resemble square one.

Oz: You ever have that dream where you're in a play, and it's the middle of the play, and you really don't know your lines, and you kind of don't know the plot?

Willow: Where are you going?
Oz: No, I'm not going. Just a dramatic gesture.

Oz: I think we should sit down again.

Buffy: Nothing like a roaring fire to keep away the blistering heat.

Buffy (to Faith): Why don't you come in from the entire lack of cold.

Buffy (to Giles): Find me these priest guys. Find me something I can pummel.

Jenny: You're not supposed to die. This isn't the plan. But it'll do.

Buffy: All right, ten more minutes of chanting, and they you guys have to go to bed.

Jenny: I am something you can't even conceive. The First Evil. Beyond sin. Beyond death. I am the thing the darkness fears. You'll never see me, but I am everywhere. Every being... every thought... every drop of hate.
Buffy: All right, I get it. You're evil. Do we have to chat about it all day?

Jenny: You have no idea what you're dealing with.
Buffy: Let me guess. Is it... evil?

Angel: Buffy, please. Just this once, let me be strong.
Buffy: Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day. It's what we have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment