Thursday, February 14, 2013

2013 TV Fall Season Preview

For those of you interested in a complete list of the possible 2013 Fall Season drama pilots, click here.

The shows I'm interested in are:

ABC

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Three words: Joss Whedon Avengers. 'Nuff said.

Big Thunder - Based on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ride at Disney. Hmm. We'll see.

Gothica - Modern day soap opera that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein, Dorian Gray (and others). Could be good, could be dreadful. It's the soap opera part that worries me. And the modern day setting. And the chance they'll probably ruin the legends. Yes, it could be dreadful.

Fox

Sleepy Hollow - I'm mostly interested in seeing who they cast as Ichabod Crane.

NBC

Wonderland - In this version, Alice is the Queen, and she's bad.

Bloodline - I'm just interested in what the producers consider "cheeky" in the world of the main character.

Ironside - Another classic being remade. I just remember my Mom loved this show, so I think I might give it a try. And I like Blair Underwood.

CBS

The Surgeon General - I'm not much into "medical" shows, but I like Jason Isaacs (Awake, Harry Potter), so I'll give it a shot (pun intended).

CW

The Selection - I've heard of the novel this is based on. I haven't read it, but it sounds interesting.

Reign - The story of a young Mary Queen of Scots. I posted my thoughts on this series previously.

Oxygen - Sounds a little like Roswell, which I love, except the humans know the aliens are aliens.

Most of the series I am interested in are based on other sources, either from books, old TV series, or real people. I just hope that the shows I end up liking will be picked up, and not canceled early or after one season.

No comments:

Post a Comment