Monday, February 11, 2013

Jasper Fforde's Fiction Island

Jasper Fforde is the author of the Thursday Next novels. The first was The Eyre Affair. Thursday Next lives in an alternate world where she is able to travel into BookWorld where the characters of every novel lives. The series is wonderful, and I recommend the books very highly. I wish I had thought up the world Fforde created. It's so clever. If you love literature, you're sure to love the world of Thursday Next.

The sixth Thursday Next novel, One of Our Thursdays is Missing, contains a map of Fiction Island. I laughed so hard when I read some of spots in each genre on Fiction Island. Here it is for your enjoyment.


2 comments:

  1. I love these books! He has also written a couple of Nursery Rhyme murder mysteries. They are also fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of the Nursery Rhymes series. I'll have to get to those after I finish the last two Thursday Next books.

      Delete