Friday, February 1, 2013

A Bunch of Cool Sundry Items

There are a few items I found on the Internet that I think are cool, and I decided to lump them all into one post.
Another Doctor Who alum is joining the cast of Arrow. Alex Kingston, who played the popular River Song on Doctor Who, will be playing Dinah Lance, Laurel's mother.

Speaking of Doctor Who... For all of you fans out there, here is the link to the BBC's official Doctor Who 50th Anniversary website. Enjoy!

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (The Tudors, Bend It Like Beckham) will play the title character in Dracula, a new NBC series. Jessica De Gouw  (Huntress in Arrow) will play Mina Harker, and Katie McGrath (Morgana in BBC's Merlin). I like Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. He could make a very interesting vampire. I didn't particular like Jessica De Gouw in Arrow, but that could just be her character, so we'll see about her. And I have mixed feeling about Katie. I liked her in the first couple of seasons of Merlin, but not as much after she turned evil.

A friend made me aware of an artist who has drawn some the Disney animated characters as they might look if they were real people. This page doesn't include all of them he's done. He's also done Ariel and Ursula. So, surf through his blog to see them, and his other work. You'll be impressed by his talent.

And just because:

1 comment:

  1. Finally caught up on Merlin season 4, and I must agree that I liked Katie McGrath more before she turned into a bad guy. I am so tired of her "look at how evil I am" smirk. Bleh.

    Love these notes! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete