Sunday, February 10, 2013

King of the Nerds: Episode 3, Nerdy Quotes

The Nerd War in episode three of King of the Nerds, "Games Without Fronteirs," was a nerd's dream. The teams had to fly a spherical copter through an obstacle course using a remote control on an iPad, while the other team tried to shoot the copter down using Nerf guns. I work with a bunch of computer developer nerds, and they have Nerf gun wars all the time. I've even been shot a few times - in the back even. Not cool.

One of my favorite things about this competition show is the "talking head" interviews. This group of contestants are so dramatic and funny. I can't imagine contestants on other reality shows acting the way they do or saying the things they do. They are just such... well, nerds. Or crazy. Who knows.

Quotes:

Alana: Outcast of the Nerds, still here.

Joshua: Yes. Alana won. Jon's going home. Everything is going according to plan. Excellent.

Genevieve (singing): Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning. It's time to get out of bed. (speaking) Hello little birds. I hope you had a good night's sleep.

Danielle (imitating Genevieve): Hello birds. Hello flowers. Hello little creatures of the forest. I'm here to sing you a song. Shut up! Genevieve's singing gets so far under my skin that I want to rip it off.

Brandon: I'm originally from Texas. (pretends to shoot) Good luck, sucka.

Ivan: The King does not grow his own crops. He has a farmer to do that. He does not make his own robes. He has a tailor for that. But does each one respect him? Yes.

Celeste (while trying to teach Virgil how to use the remote control): Are you holding down? Like why? You were holding downward.
Virgil: Oh, I was. Because I was thinking... oh, sorry. I was, I was, I was thinking relative. I was thinking relative again. Yea, I was thinking relative. Yea, I was thinking relative.
(Me to Virgil: Were you thinking relative? *wink*)

Danielle: I'm sorry blue team. There's a pretty good chance you're going down. Hard. Into fire. (sticks out her tongue and then smiles)

Celeste: Being a competitive gamer - it's a mental game.

Virgil: I stopped imagining the thing as a copter. I imagined it as just a floating blue sphere. And my job is just to move this blue sphere around.

Joshua: We are on a roll right now. You can't touch this. We're the orange team. You think you can take out one of our guys? Have seen us lately?

Me: Yea, Orange Team, I see you. And you're point is?
Ivan: Ivan decided he needed to take a nap, so he has to send Chicken Panda to cheer on Servant of the Forbidden Orb.

Joshua: We have a secret weapon. We have Chicken Panda.

Celeste: Ivan in his costume. They came in trying to be cocky. I mean, literally. They ended up coming in being cocky.

Celeste: I'm a PC gamer who's an encyclopedia of World of Warcraft. Controlling a robotic drone with an iPad - no problem.

Celeste: The first thing I'm going to do is go through all my settings and make sure it's correct. I'm a pro-gamer. You have to make sure all your controls are right.
(Side note: It would be nice if she checked if her grammar was right.)

Joshua: Just like Han, I'm shooting first.

Joshua: Hey, Celeste. Say I'm a Jedi. Say I'm a Jedi!

Celeste: Hey, whatever.

Ivan: Chicken Panda is very content at the moment. Blood was spilt.

Virgil: I'm paying attention to nothing but the copter. It's a happy sphere of goodness.

Danielle: Do I think he made a deal with the devil? No. You can't make a deal with yourself.

Alana: Who knew that Virgil could get three girls to squeal.

Genevieve: There's a saying. How does it go again? Oh, that's right. "Pride goeth before a fall."

Virgil: I love Panda Chicken when Panda Chicken was, like, crushed underneath, like, a big blue heel.

Ivan: Well, now we get to know how it feels.

Ivan: Chicken Panda didn't feel funny anymore. He just felt wrong. So he's going home.

Brandon: Not meaning that I have an inflated opinion of myself, but  I think that they're going to pick me or Ivan. Because that's who I would pick.

Brandon: If they send me to the nerd-off, they're making a correct decision. It just so happens that it's one that's not optimal to myself.

Virgil: I'm the hero of the day. I mean... Sorry, on my team I was the hero of the day.

Genevieve: Finally, I can go to sleep without feeling like a guillotine is hanging over my neck.

Ivan: The wait leading up to this has been agonizing. Agonizing. The tension's so thick, you could slab it on bread, and just eat it.

Brandon: I look forward to the impending battle.

Brandon: Emotional drama - not my bag.

Joshua: Mindy, are you watching this right now? Me, I'm a really cool guy. You should hit me up. Can I find you on Linkedin if I searched "Mindy"?

Joshua: I know this is really inappropriate for me to say this, but I would rock at this.

Brandon: Luckily for me there's no pedestrians around.

Genevieve: On drama - It smells so sweet.

Joshua: I wonder if Danielle's one of those "forgive and forget" individuals. (laughs) No. She's a woman. She won't forget it.

Curtis: Go back to the real world of Neuroscience and use your great brain to unlock the mysteries of ours.

Celeste: He's so adorkable.

Danielle: I'm a firm believer of karma and, like, that's not how you get brownie points with the karma monster upstairs.

Brandon: My motto is really encapsulated by Young MC's song, "Bust a Move." I, like, bust a move any chance I get.

2 comments:

  1. I wish this show were available online. I'd like to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you should come over some time and we'll watch highlights! :)

      Delete