Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 2, ep. 17 Quippy Quotes

Angel has been tormenting Buffy in different ways in the last few episodes. In "Passion" he ups the ante, and does the unspeakable to someone close to entire group. It is after this tragic event that Buffy finally comes to the conclusion that the Angel she loved is truly gone, and she must do what a Slayer does: kill a vampire.

It's interesting to me when Jenny tells Giles that she is descended from the people Angel hurt the most. How can Jenny know that the families of other people Angelus killed were not hurt by what he did. He didn't hurt her people any worse than the others. They were just the ones who were finally able to punish him for it.

Quotes:

Angel: Passion rules us all and we obey. What other choice do we have?

Xander: A visit from the pointed-tooth fairy.

Cordelia: I invited him in my car once. That means he can come into my car whenever he wants.
Xander: Yep. You're doomed to having to give him and his vamp pals a lift whenever they feel like it. And those guys never chip in for gas.

Buffy: Giles, there has to be some sort of spell to reverse the invitation, right? Like a barrier, a "no shoes, no pulse, no service" kind of thing?
Cordelia: That works for a car too?

[Students walk into the library]
Xander: Hello. Excuse me. Have you ever heard of knocking?
Jonathan: We're supposed to get some books on Stalin.
Xander: Does this look like a Barnes & Noble?
Giles: This is a school library, Xander.
Xander: Since when?
(They finally addressed my thought about how students never go into the library.)

Giles: So, Angel has decided to step up his harassment of you.
Cordelia: By sneaking in her room and leaving stuff at night? Why doesn't he just slit her throat, or strangle her while she's sleeping, or cut her heart out? (Xander glares at her) Well, I'm trying to help.

Xander: The "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah" approach to battle.
Giles: Yes, Xander. Once more you've managed to boil a complex thought down to its simplest form.

Xander: The more people who know your secret, the more it cheapens it for the rest of us.

Buffy: So, what you're basically saying is just ignore him and maybe he'll go away?
Giles: Yes, precisely.
Xander: Hey! How come Buffy doesn't get a snotty ""once again you boil it down to the simplest form" thing? Watcher's pet.

Giles: Since Angel lost his soul, he's regained his sense of whimsy.

Jenny: I know you feel betrayed.
Giles: Yes, well that's one of the unpleasant side effects of betrayal.

Joyce: Okay, what's wrong?
Buffy: It's nothing.
Joyce: Come on, you can tell me anything. I've read all the parenting books. You cannot surprise me.

Buffy: We're sort of dating. Were dating. Um... Going through a serious "off again" phase right now.
Joyce: Don't tell me. He's changed. He's not the same guy you fell for.
Buffy: In a nutshell.

Willow: I swear, men can be such jerks sometimes. Dead or alive.

Buffy: Hey, sorry about your fish.
Willow: It's okay. We hadn't really had time to bond yet. Although, for the first time, I'm glad my parents didn't let me have a puppy.

Angel: Well, maybe next time I'll bring you with me, Spike. It might be handy to have you around if I ever need a really good parking space.

Shop owner: Ugh. I don't like computers. They give me the willies.

Willow: I have to go. I have a class to teach in five minutes and I have to arrive early to glare disapprovingly at the stragglers. (They see Ms. Calendar) Oh, darn. She's here. Five hours of lesson planning yesterday down the drain.

Willow: I'm gonna have a hard time explaining this to my Dad.
Buffy: You really think it'll bother him?
Willow: Ira Rosenberg's only daughter nailing crucifixes to her bedroom wall? I have to go over to Xander's house just to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas every year.
Buffy: I see your point.
Willow: Although, it is worthwhile to see him do the Snoopy dance.

Buffy: You know, Cordelia, we've already done your car. Call it a night if you want.
Cordelia: Right. Thanks. And you know I'd do the same for you if you had a social life.

Buffy: Sorry, Angel. I've changed the locks.

Angel: Deja vu just isn't what it used to be.

Giles: Perhaps I should intervene on Buffy's behalf with her mother. Maybe say something.
Willow: Sure, like, what would you say?
[Giles thinks for a moment]
Giles: You'll tell Buffy I dropped by?
Willow: You bet.

Joyce: I love you more than anything in the world. (pause) That would be your cue to, uh, roll your eyes and tell me I'm grossing you out.
Buffy: You're not.

Cordelia: I thought he kept his weapons at the library.
Xander: No, those are his everyday weapons. These were his good weapons. The ones he breaks out when company comes to visit.

Angel: Whatever happened to wooden stakes?

Spike (to Drusilla): Uh uh. No fair going into the ring unless he tags you first.

Angel (holding Giles up by the neck): All right. You've had your fun. But, you know what it's time for now?
[Buffy comes up behind him and hits him]
Buffy: My fun.
(Side note: Spike was right when he told Angel that it really isn't smart to make the Slayer angry.)

Angel: Without passion, we'd be truly dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment