Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Arrow: The Huntress Returns

My least favorite character on Arrow returns. Fortunately, the show has gotten better since Helena left, so this episode wasn't as bad as it could have been. Helena is still my least favorite character, however, I didn't mind her so much this time, because I like her better as the villain than I did when Oliver was trying to rehabilitate her.

Observations:

Oliver's club is opening (as Oliver says) "finally." He'd better hope that no one accidentally wanders downstairs into his "bat cave."

I like Oliver when he's happy. McKenna is growing on me (although I'd still like to see Oliver and Felicity get together), and she makes Oliver happy. And, I'll say it again, I like Oliver when he's happy, instead of all angsty and brooding. I don't remember Helena ever making him smile like McKenna does.

Dinah says that Sarah is "a survivor." What did she have to survive before she went on that trip with Oliver?

Helena is asking Oliver to help her take out her father? Why does she think he would help her? Oh, oh. Helena's going to do something to make Oliver help her. Which of Oliver's family or friends is she going to threaten?

It looks like it's going to be his family.

I wonder how Fyers got all of those large vehicles and ammunition on the island. That would have had to have been one big ship. Hmm.

Nope, it looks like Helena is going for Oliver's friend first. And I remember why I didn't like Helena.

Oliver asks Diggle what he would do if Floyd Lawton (the man who killed Diggle's brother) were standing there with them right now, and Diggle says, "Nothing that would involve blackmailing you into hunting him down." Uh, you wouldn't have to blackmail him into hunting him down? He'd be right there in the room.

Poor Tommy is getting a taste of what Oliver has had to go through to keep his secret from everyone. Laurel knows Tommy is lying about what's wrong with him (and his wrist), and now she's upset with him.

It's funny that Roy puts his hood up first before he comes to Thea's rescue from the prospective muggers. And can I just say, I like Roy.

I'm surprised that Detective Lance didn't punch Helena after what she said about Oliver and the Detective's daughters.

I wonder why Roy's afraid of the needle. Is there a real reason that we'll find significant later, or was it just a plot ploy so that Thea could kiss him?

Oliver still believes that Helena can be a good girl? That she won't still try to find and kill her father after their attempt is thwarted by the police? Don't you learn Oliver? I have a feeling it's going to bite you in the you know where.

There was definite foreshadowing in the next flashback. Oliver takes the circuit board in the missile launcher as "leverage." Isn't that the word Helena used while she was trying to break Tommy's wrist? I have a feeling I know who she's going to go after this time. And I'm not happy about it.

Answer your phone, Oliver! Answer your phone!

It's not a good sign when a cop goes into a possible crime scene alone and she's told to wait for back-up ("and that's an order"), and she doesn't.

How did Helena "practice that move" without getting an arrow in her heart while she was practicing? And who helped her practice?

I hated Oliver's reaction when (okay, no spoilers), you know what happened to you know who. He moved so slow (and it wasn't slow-motion), and then he didn't react like I would think he would act when something like that happened to someone with that kind of relationship to him. (Is that vague enough?)

Quotes:

Oliver: Seemed like a good day to give the bad guys a rest.
Diggle: Well, it's the bad girls I'm worried about.
Oliver: Helena.
Diggle: Yes. Or, as I like to call her, your psycho ex-girlfriend.

Oliver: Now I can explain to you. I can explain to you how and why.
Tommy: What would be the point? I wouldn't believe a word of it anyway.

Detective Lance: Do you really believe this garbage your mother's selling about Sarah being alive on Fantasy Island?

Helena: There is a whole club full of leverage above our heads right now. Please, Oliver, don't make me do something that both of us will regret.
(Side note: "Both of us"? Helena doesn't seem the type of person who regrets anything she does to get what she wants.)

Oliver: What do you want me to do? Do you want me to kill her?
Diggle: I think you would have a long time ago if she looked like me and not the T-Mobile girl.
(Best line of the episode.)

Helena: Sorry, am I interrupting something?
Oliver: We were just talking about you.
Helena (to Diggle): And here, I thought you didn't care about me.
Diggle: Still don't.

Roy (to Thea): Wow, stalker much?

Thea: Why are you obsessed with the fact that I have money? You know, money isn't everything.
Roy: Spoken like someone who's got it.

Thea: You're bleeding!
Roy: Yea, that's what happens when you get stabbed.

Oliver: Just your father. Anyone else gets hurt and I'll put an arrow in you.
Helena: That's sweet. Now I know how you charmed your cop girlfriend.
(I liked how Oliver shakes his head after she says that. He realizes that he was an idiot to trust her and to fall for her.)

Doctor: You're very lucky to have a friend like Roy, Thea.
Thea: Don't I know it.
Roy: We're not friends.
Doctor: Well, let me get you stitched up and then you two can decide what you are and what you aren't.

Oliver (to Fyers): You may kill us, but then you'll never find the circuit board, and after that we both know that all you'll be left with is a really ugly piece of modern art.

No comments:

Post a Comment