Saturday, April 6, 2013

Once Upon a Time: Selfless, Brave and True

This episode begins in the past, at the exact moment that Emma decided to stay in Storybrooke. At that exact moment August started to turn to wood. Poor man. He made some wrong choices in his life. And now he has to live with the consequences.

The episode was frustrating to me because it just raises more questions. And I really hate that there's a new character, a new villain.

Observations:

Why does August think going to a hospital is going to help him with his "wooden leg"? Magic turned him from a puppet to a real boy, and only magic could be turning him back into a puppet.

When Mary Margaret tells August that Neal has come to Storybrooke, he seems upset, and he tells her that he was hoping... Was he hoping that he and Emma would get together?

What would Tamara say if she saw how old Henry's grandfather is? Would she be confused?

The scene where Neal tells Tamara where he's from was just weird. He just comes right out and says it, no beating around the bush. And when he says he's from "The Enchanted Forest," she's pretty quick to think he must be talking about someplace "not earthly." If someone told me they were from The Enchanted Forest, I wouldn't automatically think he was speaking of someplace strange. I'd probably say that's a funny name for a town, and ask what state it was in. But... we know that Tamara isn't being completely honest with Neal, now is she?

Regina is pretty congenial to Greg. What is she up to?

It's a good thing Mary Margaret didn't promise August she wouldn't tell Marco she found him, because even though August told her not to tell Marco, she does. I wonder if she would have told Marco even if she had promised she wouldn't. She probably would, now that her heart is getting all black.

Who is the Dragon?

Tamara is an idiot to flaunt that she has that much money. She's just asking for someone to steal it. It's also very convenient that she would have that much money and that she would just leave it lying around so someone to steal.

What is Tamara up to? Who is she? Why does she want magic?

Regina knows who Greg really is. And Greg says he recognizes Regina. Would a man who met a woman when he was 10, and saw them maybe three or four times, recognize that woman 28 years later? I would think not.

Tamara analyzed the contents of the potion "with the most sophisticated techniques know to man." I wonder where she was able to get access to those techniques in Hong Kong. Hmm.

How was Tamara able to kill The Dragon with a taser? Do tasers kill?

Tamara took the picture of her and her grandmother, but she didn't take the $10,000. Yep, she's an idiot.

How can it be so easy to cut the phone line in a Sheriff station?

It was convenient that the Mother Superior was right there when they needed her, wasn't it?

Pinocchio is a real boy! Aww. But he's not August anymore. Ohh, darn it.

If Tamara had dumped that coffee all over her, wouldn't she have burned the entire front of her?

And the plot thickens. That is one of the most awkward kiss I've ever seen.

In this episode we got a new villain, and in the next episode we get a new hero - Robin Hood! I'm excited to see what they do with his character (even though I wish they'd stop adding new characters). The actor, Tom Ellis, was in an updated version of Much Ado About Nothing for the BBC's Shakespeare Retold. He played Claude, opposite Billie Piper (Doctor Who's Rose). If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it.

Okay, enough about that... On to the quotes.

Quotes:

August: I'm turning into wood.

Henry (to Neal, re: the story book): I brought this. I thought you could tell me what it was really like over there.
(Side note: Not that there isn't anyone else in Storybrooke who could tell him what it was like. Come to think of it, I don't think Henry has asked anyone else what it was like there.)

Emma: What are you going to tell her when she sees a giant or a werewolf pass her down Main Street?

August: Maybe somethings you do you just don't come back from.

August: Do you expect me to face [Marco] like this, a wood pile of failure?

Regina (to Mary Margaret): If I were you, I'd try the fish special. It's right up your alley. Blackened sole.

Mother Superior (re: August) What he was is what he is.

The Dragon: For someone who's spent his entire life running, you should be in better shape.

The Dragon: The body has a strange way of sending us signals, doesn't it? The tricky part isn't hearing them, but knowing what the truly mean.

Greg: I recognized you, because you look exactly the same, Regina. It's as if no time has passed for you.
Regina: Monthly juice cleanse. Does wonders for the skin.

August: I've lived a life of selfishness, cowardice and dishonesty. And only I can cure that. Not magic. Not science. Just me.

Emma: I will not let that be in vain.

David: Are you ready to tell me what's going on?
Mary Margaret: Yes. But before I do, you have to promise you won't get mad.
David: That always means good news.

David: Are you, are you out of your mind!
Mary Margaret: You promised not to get mad.
David: I'm not mad!
Mary Margaret: I can see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment