Friday, April 5, 2013

Grimm: Mr. Sandman

I am so ready for the whole "Juliette doesn't know Nick" thing to be resolved. It's so frustrating. I started watching the second season again from the beginning, and I realized how long they've drawn this thing out. At this point I really don't feel sorry for Nick anymore (and if you've read any of my previous recaps from this season, I really used to feel sorry for him and the situation), and I don't particularly like Juliette anymore either. I just want Nick to move on. Either let her remember Nick and let them get back together, or get rid of her. Sorry, Bitsie Tulloch, I know it's the writing, but I'm getting tired of your character being so... so... annoying. I'm so glad the episodes aren't only about Juliette forgetting Nick, because otherwise I would have stopped watching a while ago.

Okay, I've said my piece about that. So, on to this episode.

Observations:

Andre, the bad guy in this episode, is very cute. Until he turns into a giant fly, that is. And he has a South African accent too. I guess being cute with a foreign accent helps when he's trying to pick up his "victims."

I don't know if I've said lately how much I love Sergeant Wu (do we know his first name yet?). I'm so glad that he's a regular. He has the greatest quips. I'd like to see him featured again in an episode. Now, he's likable. It's interesting to me that he says such funny things and no one ever laughs. I notice that a lot in TV shows. There are some great quips, and nobody laughs. In real life, people laugh when other people say funny things. (I know, because I like to write funny things people say in notebooks, and when they say them, there's usually a reaction. Not so much in TV Land.)

It's so funny that when the old Hexenbiest says to Adalind, "I knew your mother well," that Adalind's response is, "Me too." Strange response. You would think that Adalind knew her mother well. However, maybe Hexenbiests aren't that close to their mothers.

So, Adalind doesn't know who the father of her unborn child is. And I guess she wanted to get pregnant because the child will be worth a lot. Is it money she wants, or power?

This episode is all about sight, and Juliette's side effects are all about what she's seeing.

I didn't think Renard was having any side effects, but I guess I was wrong.

It looks like Nick and Hank's new office is inside Aunt Marie's trailer. I guess when all of their cases involve Wesen, it's the best place to find clues.

What this Wesen does to his victims is really gross. I like the episode, but I'm not too keen on seeing what he does to their eyes. To watch Kelly suffer from what he did is hard to watch (no pun intended). I couldn't even watch that scene in the hospital the second time around because it was just to horrible.

It's a good thing that Nick finds "the fly," and not Hank or Wu. He can deal with the Wesen better than the others because he's a Grimm. However, I'm sure he's not too happy that he found him, after he becomes the next victim.

After Nick gets attacked, the episode gets really good. So much is going on, and the suspense is heightened. There's not only suspense with Andre's next victim, but there is the fact that Nick doesn't have much time before he could go completely blind. And then, to top it off, Nick goes after Andre blind, but luckily his other senses have become more sharp.

Nick's cure is really gross too. Yuck.

Come on Juliette, remember Nick! You can do it. Please!

Nick's become a Jedi. *wink*

Quotes:

Hank (re: Renard): He wants you on his side.
Nick: But whose side is he on?
Monroe: And how many sides does he have?

Hank: We got a domestic?
Sergeant Wu: Don't know. Looks like "death by bookshelf." There's a victim under it.

Sergeant Wu: Are we thinking homicide, or just a "bookicide?"

Juliette: Are there any side effects?
Rosalee: Well, that's always a possibility. What exactly are you feeling?
Juliette: It's not really what I'm feeling as much as it is what I'm seeing and hearing.

Juliette: I'm just hoping this is all related to what you gave me, because I don't particularly want to go any crazier than I already am.

Sergeant: Okay, we're looking for a red and white Cadillac with fins. That would be a '59 or '60, if I've got my classics right.

Nick: He's got to be taking something from them.
Wu: Besides their sight.

Juliette: What I saw here was this figure kind of hunched over.
Rosalee: What was it doing?
Juliette: Scaring the crap out of me.

Monroe: Ah, Nick. This is bad, man. Actually, it's terrible. Um, look, Rosalee and I, we've been working on this for a while, okay? And the only thing we've been able to figure out for sure, is these worms, okay, they have barbs that actually hook into your eyeball --
Rosalee: Monroe!
Monroe: What? I'm telling him! It's better to know. I'd want to know. I think. I don't know, maybe I wouldn't. I'll shut up now.

Monroe: Oh, Nick. Trust me, dude. You don't want to be seeing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment