Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Grimm: Nameless

 
"Then he seized his left foot with both hands in such a fury that he split in two."

That is the opening quote of the Grimm episode, "Nameless." The quote is from the fairy tale Rumpelstiltskin. I'm sure that's a part of the fairy tale we'll never see on Once Upon a Time. It is, however, recreated in Grimm. Literally. Yes, Grimm is as grim as ever.

This episode goes into the very popular (and usually very violent) world of gaming. But the violence that is usually reserved for the game is brought into the real world. And, of course, a Wesen is involved.

Side note: When I saw the preview for this episode, I thought that one of the characters was being played by Alana from the TBS reality competition show, King of the Nerds. They showed the actress very briefly, and it looked so much like her. However, it wasn't. It would have been funny if it had been her, though.

Observations:

Juliette is still "in the dark" about Nick. Yes, still. However, she has a great scene at the beginning of the episode, when she waiting for a "spirit or whatever" to appear. I like her when she's humorous, and not so whiny, angry and annoying. Please, let the next episode be the one where she remembers him. Please.

I love that Sergeant Wu knows about literature and gaming. He's going to be a big help in this case.

The killer likes Sudoku. And, he's one of those techies who types really quickly. I work with a lot of software engineers, and I've never seen them type that quickly. In fact, I don't think that most software engineers even write their code that quickly. If they did, I'm sure their code would be full of bugs. 

It's sweet that Monroe gives Rosalee an old, classic clock.

Poor Monroe. He doesn't want to tell Juliette Nick's secret, but she wants to do all she can to figure out what's going on and to get her memory back. And both she and Rosalee gang up on him so that he'll help Juliette. 

Was the Wesen playing the Black Forest game in Vickie's house? Otherwise, how could he have gotten to her house so quickly after his game avatar killed Vickie's avatar.

Why would Juliette reach out to the hallucination of Nick when she knew that the last time she did that the vision vanished? 

Rosalee has been helping Nick for this long, and she doesn't know anything about Aunt Marie's trailer?

They never would have solved the name of Nameless without a computer. But, they never would have had a murder without a computer either.

This Rumpelstiltskin is pretty angry that someone guessed his name, and look at that - he was split in two.

Quotes:

Brody: This calls for an awesome toast. To Jenna. (pause) This is an awesome toast!

Juliette: If anyone wants to talk, any spirits or whatever, I'm home. I'm available. Now is your big chance. I can't help you unless you contact me. Okay? (pause) Okay, thanks. Now, I'm just talking to myself. Well, then. Oh, look, still doing it.

Hank: Cut in two. You don't see that every day.

Spinner: I warn everyone not to fish from the company docks, but they're young, and as long as they get their work done, I stay out of their way.

Sergeant Wu: Clearly this guy, and I don't mean that in a gender-specific way, is a tech head.

Sergeant Wu: I'm all over this. I've done my fair share of gaming, since my life consists mostly of myself and my cat.

Hank: Am I the only one who thinks this might be Wesen.
Nick: Maybe we got luck this time and we're just dealing with a normal, human psychopath.
Renard: One can only hope.

Monroe: Head to toe or side to side?
Nick: Side to side.
Monroe: Oh, I haven't actually heard of a Wesen that does that. Now, drawn and quartered, that's standard when it comes to dispatching Wesen. I mean, it's old-school, venerable, but one of the classics.

Monroe (holding out a sock from the laundry): Is this yours?
Nick: Yea. Where's the other one?
Monroe: Dude, I am not my sock-brother's keeper.
Nick: Okay.

Monroe: Have you spoken to Juliette, at all, lately?
Nick: No.
Monroe: Because, I must say, you appear to be handling it pretty well. I mean, that's gotta be... Well, you are a Grimm, so I guess you're used to a certain amount of pain and suffering.

Monroe: You can't be the heart on the head, so to speak.

Juliette: I'm not scared. Okay, I'm a little scared, but I'm not going anywhere.

Debra: We were just about to ransack [?] Castle.
Ridley: More important things right now, Debra.

Nick: We just found out in the Black Forest game his nom de plume is Nameless.
Sergeant Wu: Ah, guess he put a lot of thought into that one.

Sergeant Wu: Virtual stake-out. I like it.

Monroe (re: Rosalee): She kind of saved my life - with a brick.

Sergeant Wu: I used to be so good at these things.

Juliette: If I can't fully remember Nick, then I'm just going to forget him all together.

Nick: Every time we turn a corner, there's another corner. But it never leads to him.

Renard: So, the chess game begins.

Renard: We need Reisner. At least until we don't.

Nick: I hope you don't mind my pronunciation.

Sergeant Wu: Uh, a little help down here!

No comments:

Post a Comment