Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Castle: 100th Episode

Castle celebrated its 100th episode with a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece, Rear Window. After breaking his leg skiing, Castle is homebound, and while passing the boredom by spying on his neighbors, he believes that has witnessed a murder. This is a perfect 100th episode, and Castle does this type of episode so well.

I loved watching the episode again. I caught things the second time through that I didn't catch the first time. However, I do have a bunch of questions about the episode, but I won't post those questions, because they would expose spoilers, and I don't want to spoil the episode for anyone. If you don't usually watch Castle, but you like Hitchcock, I would recommend you go to ABC's website and watch the episode. It's great.

Quotes:

Kate: Yea, well, maybe next time we go skiing you won't be such a show-off.
Castle: I wasn't showing off. Okay, I was showing off. A little bit. But I swear to you, I can do a tail grab with my eyes closed. And without breaking my kneecap.

Martha: If I don't call you on your birthday, it is not because I have forgotten.
Castle: I won't think that you've forgotten. I'll think it's because you made other plans.

Castle: Have a great time at your retreat - on your only son's birthday.
Martha: It is a spa trip, darling, not a guilt trip.

Castle: The pain killers make me a little bit loopy. Last night I used the word "speculate" three times in the same sentence.

Ryan (picking up the binoculars): You must be bored. You've actually gone Rear Window.

Kate (to Esposito): Unless the body that you're looking at is dead, I suggest you drop those binoculars.

Castle: Hey! What if I consult my phone? I can pretend I'm Charlie and you're my Angels.

Kate: Why are men such babies when they get sick or injured?
Esposito: It's an evolutionary thing. If men can get women to take care of them they have a greater chance of survival.

IRS Worker: Clara was a rare breed. An IRS agent who actually liked her job.

Castle (looking through his binoculars):

  • Hmm. Must be writers.
  • Oh, that better be for a sick child.
  • Oh, to be young and underemployed. 
  • Really? You're going to kiss him now? 
  • Oh, oh. Someone's got some 'splainin' to do.
  • He's so on to you. Here it comes. The inevitable. The huge break-up.
  • No, no, no. Don't take the knife.

Castle: I'm not crazy.
Kate: No, but you do have a vivid imagination, and it's been stuck inside for two weeks.

Kate: Why don't you just come with me to the precinct. Focus on a real murder instead of wasting your time on an imaginary one.
Castle: Well, actually, I was just thinking about trying to do some writing today.
Kate: Well, as long as by "writing" you don't mean staring out the window and ogling at your neighbors.
Castle: No! That would be morally intrusive.
Kate: Yea, like you've never done that before.

Esposito: How's Jimmy Stewart.
Kate: You know, up half the night waiting for the neighbor to move the body.

Esposito: Sounds like someone has an ax to grind.
Kate: Or a bat to swing.

Castle: You shouldn't be watching.
Alexis: Yea, neither should you.

Ryan: Staring at a phone won't make it ring. I learned that in Junior High.

Alexis: What if I go. I'm smaller, younger and faster.
Castle: Oh, no. If you get caught, you get a B & E on your record and you'll never become president.

Kate: You're talking about an illegal search.
Castle: When you do it, it's an illegal search. When I do it, it's just illegal.

Castle: Wow. And wow. Happy birthday to me.

Castle: No, don't do it. It's too dangerous.
Kate: Not as dangerous as me if you blow up my plans.
Castle: What if he doesn't let you in?
Kate: Look at me. He's going to let me in.

Castle: How many murders do you think we've solved since we met?
Kate: I don't know, um, maybe a hundred or so.
Castle: A hundred? Here's to a hundred more.

No comments:

Post a Comment