Thursday, April 11, 2013

Arrow: Unfinished Business

The Count is back. And so is Vertigo. Oliver is not happy to see the drug that almost killed Thea kill someone else.

Observations:

Verdant is in full swing. I'm sure it's raking in the bucks. Not that Oliver needs anymore bucks. What he doesn't need a a girl on Vertigo leaving his club, and then getting hit by a car.

Now Slade has a worthy opponent to practice fighting with. How long will it take before Oliver becomes a worthy opponent?

The Count escapes from the mental institution, and Oliver is now regretting the fact that he didn't take him out when he had the chance. Ah, drama!

How did superheroes ever save anyone before computers, the internet, smart phones, and GPS? *wink*

If you want a creepy person to stay away from you, it's kind of stupid to tell them that they're the "creepiest person [you've] ever met."

More Windows 8 product placement. I wonder how much Microsoft pays for that.

Shado is being Oliver's Mr. Miagi. But instead of "wax on, wax off," it's "hit the water." I like Shado. I look forward to finding out how she got off the island, and if Oliver is ever going to run into her again in the present.

Tommy was trying to protect Oliver's secret identity. Even though he's not happy that Oliver didn't tell him he was the vigilante, and he's shocked that Oliver would kill so many people, he still has Oliver's back.

There's a lot of tension between Oliver and Tommy, and Oliver and Diggle right now. I know that Oliver and Diggle will work things out, but I have a feeling that Oliver and Tommy are going to move farther and farther apart, and that makes me sad. I like Tommy. I don't want him to become Oliver's enemy. This relationship may play like Clark Kent and Lex Luthor in Smallville. Good friends become bitter enemies.

Quotes:

Oliver: I like how we've gone from throwing money at clubs to catching it.

Tommy: Having this much fun should be against the law.
Detective Lance: Oh, if wishing made it so.

The Count: I remember you. You are never far from my thoughts.

Slade: Where did you learn how to fight?
Shado: My father wanted a son.
Slade: He got one.

Shado (re: Oliver): Does he always whine this much?
Slade: This is one of his good days.
Shado: Can he fight?
Slade: I've tried. Never with success.
Oliver: Sittin' right here.
Shado: I haven't tried yet.

Felicity: Good, you're here. Of course you're here. Where else would you be? You clearly love it down here.

Felicity: My only experience with drugs was an encounter with a pot brownie my freshman year, by mistake, which could have been fun, except I'm allergic to nuts.

Detective Lance: Laurel, I am trying --
Laurel: To do your job? Yea, I know. And this is me, doing mine.

Shado: The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Oliver: Confucius. Great. I'm beginning to see the family resemblance.
Shado: Lao-tzu, actually.

Oliver: My Mom does yoga.

Laurel: Well, if Prohibition were still in effect, you might actually have the basis of a criminal complaint.

Tommy: I run the club, Oliver. I don't tell you a lot of things.

Tommy: The next time that you decide to think the worst of me, imagine what I now think of you.

Diggle: Clear.

Oliver: What's next?
Shado: We teach you to shoot.

Detective Lance: I guess I owe your boyfriend an apology.
Laurel: He has a name, you know.
Detective Lance: Yea, I just can't seem to bring myself to use it. Baby steps.

Diggle: I thought he wasn't a priority to you.
Oliver: He's a priority to you. And you two have unfinished business.
Diggle: Where do we start?

No comments:

Post a Comment