Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 3, ep. 3 Quippy Quotes

Buffy viewers, meet Faith. Faith, meet Buffy viewers.

Faith has such a huge part in season three, and it's in "Faith, Hope, and Trick" where we begin our roller coaster ride with this slayer who marches to the beat of her own drum. She's nothing like Kendra. And to Buffy's dismay, everyone likes her - her friends, her watcher, her mom.

And just when you think the episode is over... there's a big surprise. And I mean BIG!

Quotes:

Willow: I'm giddy.
Oz: Oh, I like you giddy. Always have.

Willow: This is good. This is... Hey, we're seniors. Hey, I'm walking here!

Willow: Maybe we shouldn't be too couply around Buffy.
Cordelia: Oh, you mean 'cause of how the only guy who ever liked her turned into a vicious killer and had to be put down like a dog?
Xander: Can she cram complex issues into a nutshell, or what?

Xander: Buffy. Banned from campus, but not from our hearts. How are ya, and what's for lunch?

Cordelia: When did you become Martha Stewart?
Buffy: First of all, Martha Stewart knows jack about hand-cut prosciutto.
Xander: I don't believe she slays, either.
Oz: Oh, I hear she can. But she doesn't like to.

Willow: Oh, Scott Hope at eleven o'clock. He likes you. He wanted to ask you out last year, but you weren't ready then. But I think you're ready now, or at least in the state of prereadiness to make conversation, or to do that thing with your mouth that boys like. Oh, I didn't mean the bad thing with your mouth. I meant that little half-smile thing that you... (to Oz) You're supposed to stop me when I do that.
Oz: I like when you do that.

Buffy: Yes, date and shop and and hang out and go to school and save the world from unspeakable demons. You know. I want to do girlie stuff.

Giles: Buffy, good timing. I could use your help. I trust you remember the demon Acathla?
Buffy: Giles, contain yourself. Yes, I'm back in school, but you know how it embarrasses me when you gush so. Let's just skip all that and get back to work.
Giles: Oh, uh... Well, I, um... Well, of course it's wonderful to have you back. That goes without saying. But... you enjoy making me say it, don't you?

Buffy: Oh no, I have to go take an English makeup exam. They give you credit just for speaking it, right?

Willow (re: Buffy) Is she all glowy?
Oz: Yea, I suspect happiness.
Buffy: I passed my English makeup exam, hangin' with my friends. Hello, my life. How I've missed you.

Scott: Would you like to...
Buffy: Dance? Um, I don't know. I'm bad with... Well... Thank you for asking, it's just that there...
Scott: Okay, you know what? I'm just gonna go stand by the dance floor. If you change your mind, you can mosey on over, and then if not, then you don't mosey. No harm, no foul, right?
Buffy: Right.
[Scott leaves]
Willow: Come on, Buffy. I mean, the guy is charm, and... and normal, which is what you wanted to get back to.
Oz: Plus bonus points for use of the word "mosey."

Buffy: I don't think that guy thrives on sunshine.

Faith: It's okay, I got it. You're Buffy, right? [fights a vampire] I'm Faith.
Oz: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's a new slayer in town.

Oz: I'm wondering about your position on werewolves.
Willow: Oz is a werewolf.
Buffy: It's a long story.
Oz: I got bit.
Buffy: Apparently, not that long.

Giles: There's a watchers' retreat every year in the Cotswolds. It's a lovely spot. It's very serene. There's horse riding and hiking and punting and lectures and discussions. It's a great honor to be invited. Or so I'm told. [Side note: Why wouldn't Giles be invited to a watchers' retreat when he's Buffy's (The One and Only Slayer) watcher? I don't get that. All of the other watchers are Slayerless. Do they just hang around talking about what it would be like to be the watcher of an actual Slayer? And go horse back riding and hiking and punting, and attend lectures and discussions. *wink*]
Faith: Oh, it's boring. Way too stuffy for a guy like you.
Buffy: Um, maybe I should introduce you again. Faith, this is Giles.

Giles: I'd say it's fortuitous that Faith arrived when she did.
Willow: Aha! Sorry. I just meant... aha! There's big evil brewin'. You'll never be bored here, Faith. 'Cause this is Sunnydale, home of the big brewin' evil.

Joyce: I like this girl, Buffy.
Buffy: She's very personable. She gets along with my friends, my watcher, my mom. Look, now she's getting along with my fries.

Joyce: It's a good thing you were an only child.

Buffy: Like you said, I've got help now. I've got all the help I can stand.

Faith: Didn't we do this street already?
Buffy: Funny thing about vamps, they'll hit a street even after you've been there. It's like they have no manners.

Giles: What you must realize, Buffy, is that you and Faith have very different temperaments.
Buffy: Yea, and mine's the sane one. The girl's not playing with a full deck, Giles. She has almost no deck. She has a 3.

Giles: I think you're being a little --
Buffy: No, I'm being a lot. I know that.

Giles: I'll see if I can reach her watcher at the retreat. They're eight hours ahead now. Yes, they're probably sitting down to a nightcap. I wonder if they still kayak. I used to love a good kayak. You see, they don't even consider -- Sorry, I digress.

Buffy: Giles, there are two things I don't believe in - coincidence and leprechauns.
Giles: It's entirely possible that they both arrived here by chance simultaneously.
Buffy: Okay, but I was right about the leprechauns, right?
Giles: As far as I know, yes.

Scott: Keaton is key.

Buffy: Faith. You run, he runs after you.
Faith: That's where the head start comes in handy.

Buffy: Scream later. Escape now!

Mr. Trick: If we don't do something, the master could get killed. [pause] Well, our prayers are with him.

Buffy: Scott.
Scott: Oh, hello.
Buffy: Hey. Uh, I was waiting for you to get out of class.
Scott: Oh, Uh, why?
Buffy: Um... there was someone a while ago, and the ring sort of confused me. But I liked what you said about friendship. I liked it a lot. And Buster Keaton -- big fun. And I'm capable of big fun, even though there's no earthly way you could possibly know that about me. Wow. If I knew I was gonna go on this long, I probably would've brought some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment